Catalans screwed

6 minutes ago, Damien said:

They aren't really screwed anymore than anyone else.

Well, they are. They are based in Perpignan and under lockdown, I believe. Plus, flights are cancelled, it makes them playing games again any time soon even more unlikely. At least the other eleven Super League sides are currently all based in England. 

Just now, Hela Wigmen said:

Well, they are. They are based in Perpignan and under lockdown, I believe. Plus, flights are cancelled, it makes them playing games again any time soon even more unlikely. At least the other eleven Super League sides are currently all based in England. 

But playing no games anyway and basically in the same boat.

1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

No ones playing any games for months, people really need to understand what is happening. 

1 minute ago, Toby Chopra said:

No ones playing any games for months, people really need to understand what is happening. 

They make you laugh , or indeed cry , we are in a global crisis not seen for 70 years , all anybody can do is batten down the hatches , cut costs , accept less income , and wait for things to improve , then and only then will minor matters like sport become of any real importance 

8 minutes ago, Damien said:

But playing no games anyway and basically in the same boat.

Eleven of our sides are based here at present, so any future change to the current situation could see the game resume in some way (the Chinese Basketball League is re-starting behind closed doors), Catalans’ location makes this difficult, a bit like the Warriors situation in the NRL, though by ‘luck’ (depending on your view) they’re currently in Australia so games can continue for now. 

This is ultimately a discussion to be thought about at a later date but there are, likely, a lot of things needed for Catalans to be able to resume playing in Super League. 

8 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Nothing is set in law, ergo nothing stopping them chartering a plane, coming over, self isolating then playing behind closed doors

For anyone in the world who actually watches the news... - France is in lockdown, so there is a law stopping Cats playing or travelling in or out of France.

58 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Eleven of our sides are based here at present, so any future change to the current situation could see the game resume in some way (the Chinese Basketball League is re-starting behind closed doors), Catalans’ location makes this difficult, a bit like the Warriors situation in the NRL, though by ‘luck’ (depending on your view) they’re currently in Australia so games can continue for now. 

This is ultimately a discussion to be thought about at a later date but there are, likely, a lot of things needed for Catalans to be able to resume playing in Super League. 

What makes you think that UK will be relieved of restrictions sooner than France?

European borders will open before any such competition restarts.

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

They make you laugh , or indeed cry , we are in a global crisis not seen for 70 years , all anybody can do is batten down the hatches , cut costs , accept less income , and wait for things to improve , then and only then will minor matters like sport become of any real importance 

Absolutely correct - you sum up the situation perfectly

26 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

What makes you think that UK will be relieved of restrictions sooner than France?

European borders will open before any such competition restarts.

Never said such a thing. Don’t analyse too much. 

12 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

10?

Eleven. Toronto are based out of Rochdale, at present. 

39 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

For anyone in the world who actually watches the news... - France is in lockdown, so there is a law stopping Cats playing or travelling in or out of France.

Its a flippant comment..calm down hen x

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

45 minutes ago, Eddie said:

To start a new thread, 90% of people on this forum seem to think of something negative to say and then clap their hands with glee and get on with it. 

Off course were is the fun in being happy, jovial and saying uplifting things when we can be miserable and down in the dumps, it is by far the best way to get through the day.

I have been following everything here over the last few days my personal opinion is that yes the next few months are going to be tough however RUGBY LEAGUE will come out of this stronger if everyone sticks together.

Lets ALL make next years World Cup the best attended ever:)

Paul

3 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I have been following everything here over the last few days my personal opinion is that yes the next few months are going to be tough however RUGBY LEAGUE will come out of this stronger if everyone sticks together.

Lets ALL make next years World Cup the best attended ever:)

Paul

Nice positive first post, you’ll be deeply outnumbered on this forum though. 

12 hours ago, MattSantos said:

Nothing is set in law, ergo nothing stopping them chartering a plane, coming over, self isolating then playing behind closed doors

Currently, if my relative in France goes for a stroll without a good reason he’ll be in trouble.

Archived