chinese animal/food markets

someone showed me a video today of filming at one of these places , I have never been so repulsed and disgusted at footage from anywhere in my entire life, I could barely look at the footage of dogs, cats, snakes, bats and god knows what else been treated so cruel by so called humans, the dogs were alive in cages ready to be thrown on the grill , floors full of filth , no hygiene , well as I said - could hardly bare to watch it- china needs taking to task and now , what an awful country this must be to have mindset that thinks this is normal 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

9 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

someone showed me a video today of filming at one of these places , I have never been so repulsed and disgusted at footage from anywhere in my entire life, I could barely look at the footage of dogs, cats, snakes, bats and god knows what else been treated so cruel by so called humans, the dogs were alive in cages ready to be thrown on the grill , floors full of filth , no hygiene , well as I said - could hardly bare to watch it- china needs taking to task and now , what an awful country this must be to have mindset that thinks this is normal 

They are currently banned.  They got banned after SARS too, but local traditions/money slowly prevailed.  Not sure they will be back after this.

Bush meat in Africa is also a source of nasty viruses.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

2 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

They are currently banned.  They got banned after SARS too, but local traditions/money slowly prevailed.  Not sure they will be back after this.

Bush meat in Africa is also a source of nasty viruses.  

I doubt the tradition will have just disappeared, pushed in to the underground and back rooms in side streets , its time to wake up to how we treat nature cos its coming back to bite us big style now

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

I've been to Hong Kong many times and the markets are pretty disgusting. I've seen snakes decapitated and they still wriggle about. Other animals are slaughtered in the market and then taken away to people's homes. I 've not been to mainland China but I would imagine it has even lower standards of hygiene!

On 18/03/2020 at 16:30, graveyard johnny said:

This is what will happen in this country if the vegans win.

5 hours ago, Copa said:

Goreng means “fried”.

So monyet goreng means fried monkey.

It was nowhere near any tourist trail. It was a locals only place. They’d just had a live python delivered and it was in a bag in the middle of the restaurant.

Where was it?

The meat markets in North Sulawesi offer some mysterious fayre of different shapes and sizes. Usually with skin charred making identification difficult. 

Locally, here in the south, pet dogs which are surplus to requirements are the plat du jour.  If sold it's known as RW or neighbourhood meat.  Wild boar is more of a delicacy.  

Yorkshire show had a long que for the squirrel pie/mouse stew/shark or gator burger. i tried the kangaroo burger and it was super, ostridge seemed to be the best seller on the day.any worse.

23 minutes ago, Wholly Trinity said:

Where was it?

The meat markets in North Sulawesi offer some mysterious fayre of different shapes and sizes. Usually with skin charred making identification difficult. 

Locally, here in the south, pet dogs which are surplus to requirements are the plat du jour.  If sold it's known as RW or neighbourhood meat.  Wild boar is more of a delicacy.  

Bandung.

I’ve had some great buffalo in Sulawesi, satay horse in Java and all sorts of mystery meats elsewhere..

4 minutes ago, silverback said:

Yorkshire show had a long que for the squirrel pie/mouse stew/shark or gator burger. i tried the kangaroo burger and it was super, ostridge seemed to be the best seller on the day.any worse.

We get kangaroo as a regular meat in many of our supermarkets .. mostly steak or mince. I like it.

I went to a restaurant in Thailand that had a bear in a cage and a pit of spitting cobras..... that was weird. Not sure what was gonna happen to the bear. I’d previously eaten black bear in the US.

Archived