Classic RL on YouTube

This cracker was uploaded earlier this evening, The SL channel will be uploading Wigan v Cronulla from the same year tomorrow evening. Here's the official blurb: "We’ve got a World Club Challenge double for you on this week’s #SLRewind as we step back to 2017 to watch Tony Smith’s Warrington Wolves take on Wayne Bennett’s Brisbane Broncos (Thursday 8:05pm) before we head to the DW Stadium on Friday night as Wigan Warriors go head-to-head with Cronulla Sharks for the right to be crowned World Champions (7:45pm). Watch both games via our Facebook or YouTube channels. ".

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Futtocks said:

This cracker was uploaded earlier this evening, The SL channel will be uploading Wigan v Cronulla from the same year tomorrow evening. Here's the official blurb: "We’ve got a World Club Challenge double for you on this week’s #SLRewind as we step back to 2017 to watch Tony Smith’s Warrington Wolves take on Wayne Bennett’s Brisbane Broncos (Thursday 8:05pm) before we head to the DW Stadium on Friday night as Wigan Warriors go head-to-head with Cronulla Sharks for the right to be crowned World Champions (7:45pm). Watch both games via our Facebook or YouTube channels. ".

You gave me a bit of a fright then Futtocks probably because it’s early. For a spilt second I thought what year did Warrington win the league. 

Not sure if its been mentioned previously, but on Friday the Broncos posted the WCC game Vs Canberra on their youtube page.

9k (give or take) in attendance that night, myself included. Broncos had a pretty decent team back then.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

The Rugby League Cares Facebook page uploaded all of Wigans games from the 91/92 (i think) Sydney Nissan 7's. 
I've only ever seen a few games in highlights form, and the final which i think is also available on youtube, albeit in pretty poor quality.

This upload however is pretty decent. Don't have a direct link as i was watching it on my phone, but a quick search on facebook should prove fruitful!

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

British coal 9's also on there..

And the 7's from Sydney also. Some great content on the RL Cares page.

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 hour ago, EastLondonMike said:

The Rugby League Cares Facebook page uploaded all of Wigans games from the 91/92 (i think) Sydney Nissan 7's. 
I've only ever seen a few games in highlights form, and the final which i think is also available on youtube, albeit in pretty poor quality.

This upload however is pretty decent. Don't have a direct link as i was watching it on my phone, but a quick search on facebook should prove fruitful!

The picture quality's about the same as the better YouTube clips of this event, but I haven't seen a complete video of all the matches available online before - just highlights. Tons of other stuff on their video section too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Maybe Australia want to sweep it under the carpet and forget it ever happened.

:kolobok_biggrin:

It is available on Across the Tasman, but I have no remaining member invites.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Extended highlights of a match that got a bit tasty at times. Well, Les Boyd was playing, so it was inevitable. No quarter offered or taken, plus Sterlo versus the team he'd grace in a couple of years' time.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 29/04/2020 at 11:17, EastLondonMike said:

British coal 9's also on there..

And the 7's from Sydney also. Some great content on the RL Cares page.

Do you have any more footage of 1988 nines please❓

Friend in Melbourne was there and has never seen the above‼️⁉️

Thanks for posting the above ? 

Just watched a seasons highlights of Wigans 94-95 season. 

but well worth a watch if you're a Wigan fan, or RL fan in general.

sone great tries from the likes of Offiah and Robinson. Also Henry Paul's first year at Wigan as well as the last for Botica, Betts and Clarke.

some highlights include the likes of Tuigamala running riot (referred to by the commentator as "Via Twig-lamala", Sean Long making his Wigan debut, the game against St. Helens that featured the Cowie v Fogerty punch up, pretty much every team trying to physically injure Offiah, big crowds, old refs (holdsworth, Campbell, Smith) muddy pitches and much more. Oh and Andy Farrell singing at the challenge cup homecoming to the Central park crowd with Owen Farrell perched on his shoulders.

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

On 10/05/2020 at 19:03, EastLondonMike said:

Just watched a seasons highlights of Wigans 94-95 season. 

but well worth a watch if you're a Wigan fan, or RL fan in general.

sone great tries from the likes of Offiah and Robinson. Also Henry Paul's first year at Wigan as well as the last for Botica, Betts and Clarke.

some highlights include the likes of Tuigamala running riot (referred to by the commentator as "Via Twig-lamala", Sean Long making his Wigan debut, the game against St. Helens that featured the Cowie v Fogerty punch up, pretty much every team trying to physically injure Offiah, big crowds, old refs (holdsworth, Campbell, Smith) muddy pitches and much more. Oh and Andy Farrell singing at the challenge cup homecoming to the Central park crowd with Owen Farrell perched on his shoulders.

This channel has got loads of great content, well worth a look! I've spent my evening watching the 2002 Grand Final back!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTrF574vTz1L-umOqdHD3zQ

23 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

The first RL match I remember watching... 

...and this was the first RL match I ever attended. 

My introduction to RL gave me the impression that GB beat Australia more often than not. The past 30 years has shown me how wrong I was. ?

Still at 55 wins NU/GB/England - 59 wins Australia. 

128 minutes?  A mere blink of the eye compared to ice hockey down the ages!

In March, three years ago, a new record was set for a professional match when, in Norway, Storhamar eventually beat Sparta Warriors in a play-off match (which of course had to have a winner) by 2 goals to 1, the winning score coming after 217 minutes and 14 seconds, which is more than the length of three and a half 'normal' hockey matches!

By contrast, the NHL record is a 'mere' 176 minutes, 30 seconds, which was the time it took for Detroit to score the only goal of the game against Montreal Maroons in a play-off match in March, 1936.

19 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

128 minutes?  A mere blink of the eye compared to ice hockey down the ages!

In March, three years ago, a new record was set for a professional match when, in Norway, Storhamar eventually beat Sparta Warriors in a play-off match (which of course had to have a winner) by 2 goals to 1, the winning score coming after 217 minutes and 14 seconds, which is more than the length of three and a half 'normal' hockey matches!

By contrast, the NHL record is a 'mere' 176 minutes, 30 seconds, which was the time it took for Detroit to score the only goal of the game against Montreal Maroons in a play-off match in March, 1936.

John Isner and Nicolas Mahut have asked me to say the word "meh" at this point.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

John Isner and Nicolas Mahut have asked me to say the word "meh" at this point.

Fair point, Futtocks, although they didn't (I presume!) suffer the physical exhaustion that comes with knocking lumps out of each other, a la TGG and ice hockey!

Again, meh. Rugby Union's bitter deathmatch with Rugby League (whether the latter is taking part or not) has been going on since 1895. :kolobok_cool:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived