Players flying home

Maureen T-k

Interesting to see one of our rivals taking the completely opposite view with regards to allowing overseas players to return home. 

Personally, I'd suggest we've taken the correct approach. 

https://www.totalrl.com/scotland-international-leaves-leigh/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=scotland-international-leaves-leigh

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, gazza77 said:

Interesting to see one of our rivals taking the completely opposite view with regards to allowing overseas players to return home. 

Personally, I'd suggest we've taken the correct approach. 

https://www.totalrl.com/scotland-international-leaves-leigh/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=scotland-international-leaves-leigh

Yeah, but this is their owner's view so not surprising:

"In my opinion this Coronavirus is being blown out of all proportion here is my advice before they close the world down and kill off lots of businesses and even countries through lack of trade it’s scaremongery arguably comparative to terrorism.

"I am told the virus has an extreme serious affect only on the weak and elderly people with low immune systems respiratory problems and severe illnesses. No more so than pneumonia that has the same risks. The death rate is allegedly around 2% of people known to have been diagnosed with it and allegedly 90% of those have been over 80 years old which would support the above synopsis. It could be argued that the 2% is higher than actual surmised as many people could have had the virus but not reported it or realised it as they are fit and healthy. After all the advice is self isolate so surely many have done that and not reported their illness. It’s the only alleged mass life threatening disease I have heard of (not that I have heard of everything) where you don’t need to go to the doctors or hospital rather just keep yourself to yourself for a fortnight. Many would refer to that as a holiday but I don’t want to make fun of a serious situation. So what is the solution. Ban travel? Cancel sporting events and use of public transport? Shut schools? Think about what this actually does! It shuts down the very existence of the human race. It will kill off businesses and livelihoods not viruses. Could even kill of countries totally dependant on travel and tourism. Take rugby league as an example if all games were played behind closed doors until further notice even without pro rata refunds in season tickets most clubs would go out of business without the income from attendees. So what is a solution? For me self preservation. Let people be accountable for their own protection. Let people decide for themselves whether to travel use public transport or attend sporting events. Let people employed in those areas decide whether to stay at home or go to work. That way THOSE who ARE at high risk can protect THEMSELVES with great ease by staying at home and those who will simply feel a bit offside like having a bad cold can carry on about their business without bringing the country to a halt causing pain and misery to far more people through financial ruin! Just my view but one that if not adopted in part or whole will see a serious affect in the world far more devastating than the virus itself. I am happy for my view to be shared by anyone who feels it ought to be  I am also aware many will shoot this down in flames. The choice is yours. The operative word is choice and that is something the scaremongering and proposed actions is removing from us all."

1 hour ago, gittinsfan said:

I find that statement absolutely incredible.I can't find the words to describe what I really feel.

I wonder how many Leigh fans will back him and how many will go against.

Maybe he wrote it while having a pint in Wetherspoons on his way to Sports Direct!

45 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Maybe he wrote it while having a pint in Wetherspoons on his way to Sports Direct!

My view is that he is a jockey of spherical door handles. I've oft thought it, but this makes me 100% sure. ?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

18 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

I find that statement absolutely incredible.I can't find the words to describe what I really feel.

I wonder how many Leigh fans will back him and how many will go against.

16 hours ago, gazza77 said:

My view is that he is a jockey of spherical door handles. I've oft thought it, but this makes me 100% sure. ?

3 hours ago, lingard said:

Idiot.

and he's got them training g together as well  

"Playing and coaching staff
“We want to keep our players training. I have had a meeting with John (Duffy, Leigh Centurions Head Coach) and we want to keep our players mentally healthy as well as physically healthy. They need to understand that they’ve got my backing as well as the backing from sponsors and fans. Everyone needs to be behind this club to make sure they see it come out at the other side in a strong position ready to resume playing fixtures when we are able so we can continue our challenge for Super League.

“Our players are in a good place. They will continue to train. We are different to some other clubs because many of our players are full-time so we can’t look to reduce what they earn. There is a commitment and funds already in place so they need to know they’re in a safe place.”At this time there are no restrictions on training but Government guidance on that is being sought by the RFL so that may change. From our point of view, we will train as we currently do."

What a complete cock womble he is. Yes the chances are that if fit rugby players catch this virus they will be fine but there is also the chance that it may cause irreversible damage to their lungs which makes it a bit of a lottery before you even talk about spreading the virus and the effect it could have on their family, friends and the wider community. To be honest if I was a player I would really question whether I would want to play for a club with that attitude.

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 16:40, POR said:

and he's got them training g together as well  

"Playing and coaching staff
“We want to keep our players training. I have had a meeting with John (Duffy, Leigh Centurions Head Coach) and we want to keep our players mentally healthy as well as physically healthy. They need to understand that they’ve got my backing as well as the backing from sponsors and fans. Everyone needs to be behind this club to make sure they see it come out at the other side in a strong position ready to resume playing fixtures when we are able so we can continue our challenge for Super League.

“Our players are in a good place. They will continue to train. We are different to some other clubs because many of our players are full-time so we can’t look to reduce what they earn. There is a commitment and funds already in place so they need to know they’re in a safe place.”At this time there are no restrictions on training but Government guidance on that is being sought by the RFL so that may change. From our point of view, we will train as we currently do."

Stopped training 22nd, as per government advice.

Dereks personal opinion earlier in the thread is his and not on the clubs SM sites at all  but when did he post it as things moved quickly this past week after the previous weekends stupidity, with many changing opinion

We are in unprecedented waters, stay safe and look forward to meeting all of you again soon

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 20:00, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Yeah, but this is their owner's view so not surprising:

"In my opinion this Coronavirus is being blown out of all proportion here is my advice before they close the world down and kill off lots of businesses and even countries through lack of trade it’s scaremongery arguably comparative to terrorism.

"I am told the virus has an extreme serious affect only on the weak and elderly people with low immune systems respiratory problems and severe illnesses. No more so than pneumonia that has the same risks. The death rate is allegedly around 2% of people known to have been diagnosed with it and allegedly 90% of those have been over 80 years old which would support the above synopsis. It could be argued that the 2% is higher than actual surmised as many people could have had the virus but not reported it or realised it as they are fit and healthy. After all the advice is self isolate so surely many have done that and not reported their illness. It’s the only alleged mass life threatening disease I have heard of (not that I have heard of everything) where you don’t need to go to the doctors or hospital rather just keep yourself to yourself for a fortnight. Many would refer to that as a holiday but I don’t want to make fun of a serious situation. So what is the solution. Ban travel? Cancel sporting events and use of public transport? Shut schools? Think about what this actually does! It shuts down the very existence of the human race. It will kill off businesses and livelihoods not viruses. Could even kill of countries totally dependant on travel and tourism. Take rugby league as an example if all games were played behind closed doors until further notice even without pro rata refunds in season tickets most clubs would go out of business without the income from attendees. So what is a solution? For me self preservation. Let people be accountable for their own protection. Let people decide for themselves whether to travel use public transport or attend sporting events. Let people employed in those areas decide whether to stay at home or go to work. That way THOSE who ARE at high risk can protect THEMSELVES with great ease by staying at home and those who will simply feel a bit offside like having a bad cold can carry on about their business without bringing the country to a halt causing pain and misery to far more people through financial ruin! Just my view but one that if not adopted in part or whole will see a serious affect in the world far more devastating than the virus itself. I am happy for my view to be shared by anyone who feels it ought to be  I am also aware many will shoot this down in flames. The choice is yours. The operative word is choice and that is something the scaremongering and proposed actions is removing from us all."

I will treat the above remarks with the contempt they deserve.

Robin, I've not heard for a day or two about whether there's any risk to unborn babies, but you as a health professional may know?

Rugby League players are largely of the child producing age and I would estimate that at least 5-10% of a squad would at any time have pregnant wives or girlfriends? If there's still any risk the players should not associate, no matter how fit and likely to recover from the virus they are. If I was a husband or wife of someone taken by this evil disease I don't know what I'd do, but if I had nothing left to live for I may harbour evil thoughts about this idiot.

One small compensation - He won't be selling many sundecks this summer and will be less likely to bankroll them in future. 

The evidence is seemingly changing by the hour.

The last I read was that the effect of covid-19 was not having as severe effect on unborn babies and new born up to early infancy as a representative sample as it was having on other age groups and that recovery rates amongst infants for some reason are quite encouraging. 

This of course assumes there are no other underlying diagnoses.

Archived