Difficult times

NickD

2 hours ago, NickD said:

Thanks BSJ.  Suspect you’re right but It’s hard work trying to work out what barking mad Boris will and won’t allow.  That said it’s hard to see how the 800 speccies at your average match can be at any greater danger at the ground than they would be in a cinema or a night out in Soho so fingers crossed.   At least we have the advantage of being able to say we can ask everyone to sign in and out to help with the contract tracing.  Most games we’d only need a few sheets of A4. 😉

And it should be easy to cross reference with season ticket holders!!!!!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Reverend Ram said:

Didn’t see if the tweaked rules apply to leagues below but if so and abandoned scrums I think we may struggle with the supreme pace we currently have at half back? At least scrums allowed for a bit of creativity with 12 players taken out so it will be interesting to see how it pans out. Any other Ram a fan of the six again? Could be ripe for abuse if you deliberately seek to slow down the ptb in your opponent’s 20 but could be fascinating to watch how the tactics pan out.

Watching NRL am a big fan of 6 again, though the application of it seems a bit arbitrary (and I'm a ref). Really speeds the game up though. The NRL players are out on their feet at the end.

There is now talk of the "round-ball game" lobbying strongly for spectators to be allowed into grounds from the start of their next season, beginning in early September. This might require grounds to be limited to 20-30% of capacity, the possibility of face-coverings being mandatory and spacing being monitored or self-imposed. If this were to be the case in RL then I can't see there being too many difficulties in applying it for all Championship clubs.

I, for one, would regard it as being very welcome news if it were to come about.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

There is now talk of the "round-ball game" lobbying strongly for spectators to be allowed into grounds from the start of their next season, beginning in early September. This might require grounds to be limited to 20-30% of capacity, the possibility of face-coverings being mandatory and spacing being monitored or self-imposed. If this were to be the case in RL then I can't see there being too many difficulties in applying it for all Championship clubs.

I, for one, would regard it as being very welcome news if it were to come about.

Stop getting my hopes up BSJ🤪

8 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

It would be nice to see crowds back at sports events.

Archived