"Inside Super League"

Why is so much of this such rubbish? We get several minutes of blokes laughing, and loads of appallingly-miked talk. 

OK, I'm 72, so I'm due to die in the next 3 weeks, but I'd like to hear something about RL. Lois is a real asset, as is the new Aussie lass, and even Will Perry, but the sound must be better, or I'll miss something of potential interest.

what might be good is a section on tactics, a sort of more in depth version of the stuff Wells usually goes through when he interviews a player at the big screen after a game. They could also do either regular or occasional sections on:

• rules and interpretations maybe based on a controversial incident or two from the last round (maybe even test the odd pundit now and then)
  • the injury list, a summary of who is out and maybe even how one or two are getting on recovery wise
  • a skills based competition with a player from each team going through some tests each week
  • run a fantasy league for viewers/players/coaches with a review session each week (with pundits/players explaining how/why their entry is made up/progressing)
  • a quick ‘highlights’ section of some of the players that were awarded max MoS points during the last round, or, maybe the points winners from a specific game

But, most importantly, IMPROVE THE SOUND QUALITY!!!!

I must admit having watched a few episodes of it now that I'm not that bothered about it, while any show devoted to Rugby League is great, it just doesn't hold enough interest for me, too much inane studio chat, as others have said, the sound quality is really second rate, especially to us that don't have the best of hearing anyway, the content is alright but not enough action, too much studio based chat, which is fine if you have a few guests instead of one or two.

The studio guests are fine but sometimes it's just really time covering chat, I think it would be better if there were more tactical and behind the scenes things, although i do like the training sessions, a bit more insight into players lives and how they go about their routines would be good.

On 22/03/2020 at 09:18, meast said:

I must admit having watched a few episodes of it now that I'm not that bothered about it, while any show devoted to Rugby League is great, it just doesn't hold enough interest for me, too much inane studio chat, as others have said, the sound quality is really second rate, especially to us that don't have the best of hearing anyway, the content is alright but not enough action, too much studio based chat, which is fine if you have a few guests instead of one or two.

The studio guests are fine but sometimes it's just really time covering chat, I think it would be better if there were more tactical and behind the scenes things, although i do like the training sessions, a bit more insight into players lives and how they go about their routines would be good.

What he said -

I devour every minute of RL on TV but I could take or leave this show. The lighting as well as the sound is awful it looks like it's been done in a college TV studio. How the might of Sky can come up with this when the Rugby AM lads doing it on a shoestring can do what they do baffles me.

2 hours ago, RS said:

How the might of Sky can come up with this when the Rugby AM lads doing it on a shoestring can do what they do baffles me.

Sky don't produce it, blame the Super League Creative Director if you want to.

Rugby AM may do it on a shoestring, but Wagga acting like a moron isn't any better than having players on the official show saying nothing. And that viewing figures are terrible.

On 22/03/2020 at 09:18, meast said:

Is your hearing not that good meast because you stand too near that ##### cow bell lol.

23 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

I'm not sure why they threw her in there with no experience. Not fair on her.

You are quite correct with that comment.

Well it seems the show is no more now, due to the current situation, and probably highly unlikely to return given the financial strife SL will undoubtedly be in within the next few months.

I never actually saw an entire episode, not having SKY any more, but it was a platform to build on, rubbishing it for not being what you hoped it would be is a bit unfair IMO.

As a sport in the UK we're not blessed with players who translate well on TV.

I was under the impression the whole premise of the show is to tell the story of the players. Get to know them better, which is pprbably why theres so much chat.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

On 26/03/2020 at 16:16, Loiner said:

Can someone please tell me what's the point of Lois Forsell ? She says next to nothing. I've stopped watching to be honest.

Will Perry isn’t a very generous host. If she was allowed to get a word in she would add something.

I had reasonable hopes for this but it falls flat. Perry is better being an agent provocateur as his bratty, posh Southerner natural self as on Out Of Your League than the best-behaviour tone he adopts for this.

And I think that’s why this show falls flat. The serious tone. It’s kind of like Rugby AM with a straight face and it doesn’t really work.

It’s got to be either an analytical show or a chat show. It’s trying to be a bit of both and falling short. With the wrong hosts.

Archived