The positive thread

Fev1983

So am I, but I'm stuck in for 12 weeks due to age and family health reasons. I wonder whether we'll still be prevented from gatherings even if the majority are free to return to such events? If this was the case RoversTV would be essential and I wonder if Sky would be gracious enough to relax their rules on banning live streaming to those still isolated?

China had no reported cases yesterday only one the day before and one the day prior to that.So three and a half months from the first reported case they seem to be on top of Covid 19.But China have been strict with getting people locked down.Some of our young uns in London are still gowing into pubs and nightclubs and loads  partied on St Patricks day.Can't see us being able to play infront of crowds before August with safety in mind.Our NHS workers are heroes.

6 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

I wonder if Sky would be gracious enough to relax their rules on banning live streaming to those still isolated?

With all the football And other sport to catch up on dont think any fev games or any champ RL is high on their priority list 

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

China had no reported cases yesterday only one the day before and one the day prior to that.So three and a half months from the first reported case they seem to be on top of Covid 19.But China have been strict with getting people locked down.Some of our young uns in London are still gowing into pubs and nightclubs and loads  partied on St Patricks day.Can't see us being able to play infront of crowds before August with safety in mind.Our NHS workers are heroes.

China is still under 'lockdown'. The experts are wary of a rebound if and when the restrictions are relaxed. Unless there is a dramatic breakthrough in combating the disease forget about any rugby happening this year. Read this to see what's likely to be happening in the UK https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/sph/ide/gida-fellowships/Imperial-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf  or more of a summary  https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/873729/06-spi-m-o-consensus-view-on-behavioural-and-social-interventions.pdf 

"It was agreed that a policy of alternating between periods of more and less strict social distancing measures could plausibly be effective at keeping the number of critical care cases within capacity. These would need to be in place for at least most of a year. Under such a policy, at least half of the year would be spent under the stricter social distancing measures."

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

wuhan was first reported  on 31st december so that was 11 weeks last tuesday they have had 48,557 COVID-19 cases but have reported no new cases for past two days  so hopefully we could possibly look at the same timescale

24 minutes ago, POR said:

wuhan was first reported  on 31st december so that was 11 weeks last tuesday they have had 48,557 COVID-19 cases but have reported no new cases for past two days  so hopefully we could possibly look at the same timescale

It was reported early December but China kept quiet about it at first hopeing it might go away.Boris must have read my post because he has now closed the LOT down.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/03/2020 at 08:39, Fev1983 said:

I think the first game back will be Oldham on 5th of July, I am already looking forward to it!!!!!

I still think the first game back will be on the 5th July, I need some light and the end of the tunnel . When does anybody think the trinity game will happen???

UTR

On 20/03/2020 at 08:39, Fev1983 said:

I think the first game back will be Oldham on 5th of July, I am already looking forward to it!!!!!

as for the first game it depends on continuity the RFL  may decide just to carry on with the season so york away scheduled 22 nd march leigh home 29th and wakey away 3rd april  could be our first three fixtures then carry on with the regular fixtures  or RFL may want to come in with a bang and start with challenge cup on free to air BBC

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 18:41, sentoffagain2 said:

It was reported early December but China kept quiet about it at first hopeing it might go away.Boris must have read my post because he has now closed the LOT down.

They want a good kicking. They have managed to export two pandemics and one epidemic in the space of just over 100 years resulting in around 145 million dead. Its about time they cleaned their act up.

1 hour ago, POR said:

as for the first game it depends on continuity the RFL  may decide just to carry on with the season so york away scheduled 22 nd march leigh home 29th and wakey away 3rd april  could be our first three fixtures then carry on with the regular fixtures  or RFL may want to come in with a bang and start with challenge cup on free to air BBC

Both types of testing kit are essential for a return, but NHS and key workers are an essential priority, but eventually they will be rolled out on a big scale. Now they are talking about passports for those who've had it and recovered. Rugby players would be at a higher risk because of their close contact, but if those without passports could be tested regularly maybe the professional game could resume, even if it was behind closed doors to start with, but all these games must be available to watch on TV or Live Streaming!

Archived