Oh dear Latrell Mitchell

I’m not one for piling in on individual players.

All the same Latrell is a highly paid professional who fans could expect to train hard, get fully fit and be raring to go at the start of a new season.

Currently he doesn’t look fit and his chosen full back spot is a key one with no hiding places.

I hope he works hard and justifies the faith that his new club and their fans have put in him.

He's just switched clubs. Give him time. I don't like him very much, as he seems to have a petulant streak and a very variable workrate.

But if Bennett can't get him to grow up and develop a proper work ethic and professional attitude, his market value will (quite deservedly) plummet. If his agent hasn't thought of that, then Latrell may have to sweat a bit for a decent contract in future.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

You reckon Bennett can get the best out of him? I’m not so certain of that.

A fatherly hand on Mitchell’s shoulder and a long comforting chat from Mr Gabby?

This could go pear shaped unless Latrell gets motivated himself and understands the link you mention between performance and future worth.

Mitchell belives his own hype, that he can turn it on as he wants, playing at full-back that isn't the case. He's dug himself into a very deep hole that he doesn't appear to be equipped with the tools to get himself out of, he isn't the first nor will he be the last to land himself through bad advice in there.

1 hour ago, Graham said:

You reckon Bennett can get the best out of him? I’m not so certain of that.

A fatherly hand on Mitchell’s shoulder and a long comforting chat from Mr Gabby?

This could go pear shaped unless Latrell gets motivated himself and understands the link you mention between performance and future worth.

No, I reckon that if Bennett doesn't find his "on" button, a lot of other clubs will steer clear. If he can't bring his best performances week in week out, the only other thing in his baggage is a snide, sulky and over-entitled attitude that'll poison any dressing room. Net worth goes down, Latrell gets even more Kyrgios-like, then probably flounces off to the ARU and finally bankrupts them.

Hang on, he might just be national hero material!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Bennett is going to stand by Mitchell, he's put a lot of faith and investment in him so needs him to pay off. It's also very early days but it was a very lacklustre debut.

I just don't think full back is his best position. Just like with Inglis, he's a great left centre, but not sure he's got the skillset to be a great full back

Archived