About Time Too! C'est pas trop tot!

Good that Jean Galia is being remembered as the Founder of French Rugby League on the RFL's website. 

RFL England vs France test matches with a couple of months notice and playing the games mid week after the Super League grand final at Leigh Sports Village does nothing for Jean Galia's memory. How about a yearly mid season test between the England and France announced a year in advance beginning in 2021 for the Jean Galia cup? To make the game more competitive have the annual mid season test in France for next 5 years and the English side only selected from Super League players. RFL to Help French Rugby League promote the game in France and in no time you would have money generating product for RFL and FFR13.

• 7 months later...
42 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I do wish more people thought this was great though!

Sorry, Oxford.  I hadn't spotted it before.  Yes, it is very good!

1 minute ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Sorry, Oxford.  I hadn't spotted it before.  Yes, it is very good!

WWD I wasn't looking for apologies of any sort & I'm just glad you've seen it and liked it.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Oxford, its clear we (the game) owes this gentleman a huge debt of gratitude.

I'm really pleased we've been reminded of his enormous contribution.

I agree also with the other posters that we should have a way of celebrating his achievement on an annual basis.

I like the idea of playing a match (in France) to commemorate the great man.

My personal preference (if its credible) would be an invitation match featuring other established and emerging nations selected at the French RL's discretion, thereby introducing an element of novelty each year, not compelling them to endure a repetitive and lop-sided fixture against a too-strong England for the forseeable future.

1 hour ago, fighting irish said:

I agree also with the other posters that we should have a way of celebrating his achievement on an annual basis.

Man of the match in the European Nations Cup is awarded the Jean Galia medal. The England V France series was named the Jean Galia Cup for a while in the years after he died, I think.

Archived