OurLeague Archives: Tonga v England 6pm

Just got this email.

The momentous events of the last couple of weeks have brought all sport sharply into perspective. But we know that leaves a huge Rugby-League-shaped hole for the thousands of people who, like us, love the game – Hopefully Our League can help! This Saturday, we’re delving into the archives when we’ll be ‘live streaming’ Tonga vs England from the 2017 Rugby League World Cup Semi-Final. Spoiler alert... it was a great game! Join us from 6pm, we’ll even have a Player of the Match vote.

Alongside that,  on Sunday, you’ll be able to vote for which game you want to see next on Our League Archives. If you’re missing Rugby League, Our League is the place to be over the next few weeks!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fantastic.

My one post on Facebook today was to share the RFL link and suggest it was a good introduction to TGG for those not familiar and with a prompt to please sign up and name Coventry Bears as your favourite other team.

Now I'm hoping nobody bothered 

*sulks

Didn't start on time, but seems to be working now. Let's hope the stream holds up, because this was a tremendous event.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Okay, that match still holds up as a classic nailbiter. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

22 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Okay, that match still holds up as a classic nailbiter. 

On the penultimate set there was a brilliant defensive play from Jermaine Mcgillvary. Tonga kept it in the hands on the last, Jerry was back covering the kick, held, held, then picked the right moment to push up and took an intercept.(have to mention that he undid the good work by having the ball stripped immediately after but nonetheless). Mentioning this because in any other sport a player would be credited with such a smart play, but in RL the commentators don`t even notice let alone analyse such things.

I do look at that team and worry about 21 WC. We had a great forward pack then and some inspirational leaders in Lockers and S Burgess. I can't help thinking we'll be weaker in 21.

On the flip side, the Aussies may well be too in the key pivot positions

Archived