Sign in to follow this  
RL does what Sky says

Oldham - Wait and See !

2 hours ago, clifford said:

For nightmares theres the Warrington semi final which I can't watch even now

And, as every Roughyed supporter knows, it WAS a try ! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

... and the Castleford one too !

Talk about semi-finals ? I shall NEVER forget what happened to us on Wednesday 15th April 1964 ! 

5 minutes ago, ArthurO said:

Talk about semi-finals ? I shall NEVER forget what happened to us on Wednesday 15th April 1964 ! 

Yes, me too.  I went to Headingley and Station Road but couldn't get to Fartown as my dad was working (I was 7).

In our first match the following season we beat cup winners Widnes by 20 points - it would have been our cup that year !

Edited by RL does what Sky says
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

OK everyone ... look for yourself in the crowd at this one

https://player.bfi.org.uk/free/film/watch-oldham-v-swinton-1901-1901-online

Once you click on the above link then click on "watch for free" in the bottom right-hand corner

Nope !  Sadly, I wasn't in that film. It was pointing towards the Pavilion because it was filmed by a cameramen, just left of the 'sticks', down in the Penny Rush.  At that time I was standing upstairs, above the cameramen.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

Yes, me too.  I went to Headingley and Station Road but couldn't get to Fartown as my dad was working (I was 7).

In our first match the following season we beat cup winners Widnes by 20 points - it would have been our cup that year !

... and here's the last time we DID win the cup.

22 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

OK, hankies at the ready.

Oldham v Swinton.   19 January 1997.   The last match at Watersheddings.

Freezing cold. Foggy. And considering it was a supposed to be a 'Friendly/Celebratory' type of game, Swinton took it a bit more serious and 'competitive' than we were expecting them to.

At the end of the game me and my dear old dad trudged disconsolately across the pitch. 

By 9.00 am the following day (Monday), Quinn's bulldozers moved in and by lunch time, our beloved Watersheddings was flattened and gone forever.   So sad. 

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, ArthurO said:

Freezing cold. Foggy. And considering it was a supposed to be a 'Friendly/Celebratory' type of game, Swinton took it a bit more serious and 'competitive' than we were expecting them to.

At the end of the game me and my dear old dad trudged disconsolately across the pitch. 

By 9.00 am the following day (Monday), Quinn's bulldozers moved in and by lunch time, our beloved Watersheddings was flattened and gone forever.   So sad. 

That's why I thought I'd start this thread.  The memories - at least those can't be taken away.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RL does what Sky says said:

Me too and at Swinton when we lost to hull

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tangle said:

Should have said in 1960

Yes, just before my time that one ... I was 3.

At least I can say we've won the Championship in my lifetime (I was then 4 months old when that happened in 1957 ..... perhaps it me who's been the jinx since then !)

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

Yes, just before my time that one ... I was 3.

At least I can say we've won the Championship in my lifetime (I was then 4 months old when that happened in 1957 ..... perhaps it me who's been the jinx since then !)

Saw both our championship finals must be getting old