League Express will continue to publish through the shutdown

As of today, following the government lockdown announcement on Monday evening, League Publications Ltd staff are all now safely working from home.

We have put a plan in place that will enable us to continue publishing League Express every Monday in both print and digital formats.

It will be on sale in the usual outlets (those that remain open) and we will continue to fulfill subscriptions as normal via Royal Mail delivery.

If you would like to take out a new print subscription or renew and existing one, please use our online shop to order as we are unable to answer telephone calls or process mail sent to our office for the time being.

If you would like to try the digital edition instead, you can download the League Express app for your smartphone or tablet from your app store, or go to the Pocketmags website.

If you have any subscription enquiries, you can send me a PM via the forum, post it below, or you can use the contact form on our website.

Thanks for your support!

If you still have the records maybe you could publish some classic match reports or articles from the history of the paper.... 

I remember when I worked nights at Wakefield Kirkgate railway station I would come off shift on Monday morning pick up the LE from the newsagent on Chantry Bridge and read from cover to cover with a cup of coffee in bed before getting some kip... the quality of writing was excellent from day one such a welcome change from previous publications.... your magazine has played a large part in my life. And, since moving to Aus, the digital copy is my first read on Monday morning on the commute to Sydney.

i wish you well in your endeavours through this pandemic period. I will still tune in every Monday morning with anticipation. 

8 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Reporting on what? It will only take 4 pages at the moment.

if theres ever a time for "false news" its now, will buy my copy anyway if the army let me go to the shop

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

20 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Reporting on what? It will only take 4 pages at the moment.

I think there was 7 pages, I didn't bother with it not value for money for me at £1.50

I know there is still some content but like during the off season i can get most of the news etc online for free so don't bother with the paper.

I don't mean to discredit John, Martyn, Matt et al as they all do a fine job but £1.50 can be spent on something else at the moment.

26 minutes ago, meast said:

I think there was 7 pages, I didn't bother with it not value for money for me at £1.50

I know there is still some content but like during the off season i can get most of the news etc online for free so don't bother with the paper.

I don't mean to discredit John, Martyn, Matt et al as they all do a fine job but £1.50 can be spent on something else at the moment.

Fair enough if you don't want to buy it. Each to their own.

But just to clarify, this week's League Express has 24 pages, not 7.

Best not to spread misconceptions y'know, it's hard enough for us to keep going as it is without folk spreading incorrect info about how many pages we're publishing.

People's jobs are on the line here, guys. It's serious.

7 hours ago, meast said:

How can it have 7 pages ?  It's not even possible.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

On 26/03/2020 at 10:10, John Drake said:

Fair enough if you don't want to buy it. Each to their own.

But just to clarify, this week's League Express has 24 pages, not 7.

Best not to spread misconceptions y'know, it's hard enough for us to keep going as it is without folk spreading incorrect info about how many pages we're publishing.

People's jobs are on the line here, guys. It's serious.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to be disingenuous towards you all, I know you all do a fine job, I wasn't spreading deliberate misconceptions, I had a quick skim through and got 7, I'm obviously talking 7 double pages as in single ones.

Apologies if you've taken offence, it wasn't meant that way

On 27/03/2020 at 21:19, meast said:

Like I said, I wasn't trying to be disingenuous towards you all, I know you all do a fine job, I wasn't spreading deliberate misconceptions, I had a quick skim through and got 7, I'm obviously talking 7 double pages as in single ones.

Apologies if you've taken offence, it wasn't meant that way

You must be the chap I see in Morrison’s at the newspaper display reading the RL papers whilst the Mrs does the shopping. Then putting it back when you’ve finished.

I have not subscribed for a few years (no issue - I just didn’t have the time to read)., however given the circumstances I have renewed to support (and I seem to have a lot more time on my hands for reading!)

couldn't get in the shop on monday queing around the block (not all for LE) so downloaded yesterday seems a good read still half to get through.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

Archived