RL in Slovenia - Needs Your Help

Hi guys, 

I’ve been in contact with a couple of guys in the beautiful country of Slovenia where they’re hoping to launch TGG.

They’ve had some early logo designs mocked up and would like to ask RL fans themselves which is their favourite - so thought I’d help them where I can and get the ball rolling for them.

The nickname ‘dreznica’ is an indigenous goat.

F1659360-2A63-4107-A33F-6998AE691691.png

C7103D79-A011-496A-A8B4-264C8442DAFF.png

FD4C9913-06D7-4DE7-B6F5-EABA661FA874.png

EE71E181-46F4-4048-98B2-2DE1703AC485.png

I like No.3 the best, at first glance.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not crazy about any of them to be honest.

But, that aside, this is very exciting news!  I have been to Slovenia and I loved it, I always tell people it's the most under-rated country in Europe!

Tell us more if you can!  Who is behind it?  Do they have players?  Any chance of playing a match any time soon?  They should get the word out to see if any teams want to tour (once the corona virus dust settles of course).

#1 is #1 for me!

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

This is brilliant Welsh Magpie can you PM me their contact details.

As my wife runs everything work wise nowadays I was planning in September to start a Bald and Bankrupt style video blog where 2 Ex famous players (Cant say who yet but I have 2 that have agreed) arrive in a country with NO Rugby League and everyone sets about trying to get things moving.

Contact government sports minister/university/school/military etc 

Each trip would last for 7 days after which we would pass all details on to the RLIF and over to you chaps.

Idea is to just turn up with half a dozen balls at the airport and thats it stay 7 days blog a daily report and then return 1 year later to see (Hopefully) progress 

We are currently working on a website and have drawn up a list of 10 countries initially (5 already have had a limited amount of RL but nothing special countries like Belarus/Chile) and 5 have never even heard of the game.

As soon as everything is ready I will post here the website details we will be releasing the names of the 2 players in around 2 months time (Hopefully everything will be back to normal by then:)

P

8 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

This is brilliant Welsh Magpie can you PM me their contact details.

As my wife runs everything work wise nowadays I was planning in September to start a Bald and Bankrupt style video blog where 2 Ex famous players (Cant say who yet but I have 2 that have agreed) arrive in a country with NO Rugby League and everyone sets about trying to get things moving.

Contact government sports minister/university/school/military etc 

Each trip would last for 7 days after which we would pass all details on to the RLIF and over to you chaps.

Idea is to just turn up with half a dozen balls at the airport and thats it stay 7 days blog a daily report and then return 1 year later to see (Hopefully) progress 

We are currently working on a website and have drawn up a list of 10 countries initially (5 already have had a limited amount of RL but nothing special countries like Belarus/Chile) and 5 have never even heard of the game.

As soon as everything is ready I will post here the website details we will be releasing the names of the 2 players in around 2 months time (Hopefully everything will be back to normal by then:)

P

Sounds very interesting. Have you engaged with the RlLF yet? and if so how supportive are they?

1 or 3 for the logo.

We have written to them last week in fact.

I am pretty much retired nowadays so have plenty of time on my hands for this the wife has agreed she is funding it so away we go.

Slovenia was not one of the 10 countries the 3 of us (4 in fact with the cameraman) drew up however 1 could be replaced fairly easily.

Without naming places we have 2 in Europe (I have mentioned 1 Belarus which is 100% nailed on my wife has a couple of clients in Minsk so we have contacts there already) 1 in Africa 2 in Latin America 1  Caribbean 1 Asia 2 and a further 2 places which no-one would ever think of but the locals are fairly well built fighting types whom we think would love it:)

So if you think I am mentally impaired having just appeared on this site writing this I fully understand LOL:)

Watch this space ?

1 hour ago, langpark said:

Not crazy about any of them to be honest.

But, that aside, this is very exciting news!  I have been to Slovenia and I loved it, I always tell people it's the most under-rated country in Europe!

Tell us more if you can!  Who is behind it?  Do they have players?  Any chance of playing a match any time soon?  They should get the word out to see if any teams want to tour (once the corona virus dust settles of course).

It’s an incredible country - I’ve been twice and it’s never let me down.

This project is very much in its infancy and I have zilch to do with it but the fella I spoke to wants to keep things low profile before anything else is released.

I guess keep an eye out. 

1 hour ago, welshmagpie said:

It’s an incredible country - I’ve been twice and it’s never let me down.

This project is very much in its infancy and I have zilch to do with it but the fella I spoke to wants to keep things low profile before anything else is released.

I guess keep an eye out. 

Agreed, I’ve been there a handful of times and it is without doubt my favourite place in Europe - just really chilled with amazing and varied scenery, beautiful women and plenty of great food and drink. 

4 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

Hi guys, 

I’ve been in contact with a couple of guys in the beautiful country of Slovenia where they’re hoping to launch TGG.

They’ve had some early logo designs mocked up and would like to ask RL fans themselves which is their favourite - so thought I’d help them where I can and get the ball rolling for them.

The nickname ‘dreznica’ is an indigenous goat.

F1659360-2A63-4107-A33F-6998AE691691.png

C7103D79-A011-496A-A8B4-264C8442DAFF.png

FD4C9913-06D7-4DE7-B6F5-EABA661FA874.png

EE71E181-46F4-4048-98B2-2DE1703AC485.png

From someone who used to design sportswear, I'd say the first one but without the hexagon.

Also would you be open to an interview for Total Rugby League about their plans? Spread the message and awareness?

I'm a massive advocate of the international game and it's all good coverage for them?

Rugby League World writer

Twitter: @a_hope14
Mobile: iPhone 3

1 hour ago, gnidir said:

Lock down has me bored already 

Jamaica-clubs1.png

Jamaica-clubs.png

I like number 3 best out of all of them but your number 1 is also nice and I have to say both those are better than the original suggestions in my opinion (sorry to say welshmagpie)

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

I like number 3 best out of all of them but your number 1 is also nice and I have to say both those are better than the original suggestions in my opinion (sorry to say welshmagpie)

Not my designs mate, so no offence taken. I’m just passing their information on.

For me number 1 then 4 but that could be used for several European countries that have mountain goats

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

2 minutes ago, BJW said:

For me number 1 then 4 but that could be used for several European countries that have mountain goats

Zlaterog a mythical goat is the national symbol of Slovenia, so presumably that’s why they want it on their badge. 

Archived