29 Mar: SL: Paris St Germain v Sheffield Eagles (Retro Match Thread) Sky Sports - 7pm

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have a feeling that alot of all this new revenue from Murdoch will end up in players' pockets and not sure that existing spectators will adapt to all the strange kick off times. Will clubs lose revenue as there won't be the number of games we are all used to etc.

Still, it's a new beginning and the game was in the mire before the truncated centenary winter season. Enjoyed the world cup too.

Believe Charlety is in the student quarter of Paris. It's a spring night so let's enjoy ?

I don't actually think the PSG experiment was doomed to failure. Would probably have more chance of succeeding today if the football club's Qatari owners happened to be interested in having a team in a trans-Atlantic rugby competition.

Good day for game over there just never capitalised on first up crowd. Paris obviously has links to our sport way back to first game there in 1933. 

There just not enough clubs nor benefactors these days to consider a pro team. It aleast gave thought to a french team in competition which we seen infield and very good average crowds with catalans. Obviously the holy grail is for france to be winning tests v big 3 which is still I say a bit off. That said the dragons cc success of 2018 would have shown mainstream france that sport making progress there. Toulouse are making plenty of right moves to join there fellow french team. 

Rugby League in Sheffield is a joke - they'll never win anything.

I can't see Mark Aston sticking around at Sheffield forever.

Come on, Eagles! This'll be easy.

(and other Psychic Sally type predictions)

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

2 hours ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Sheffield won't win tonight as fairytale ending is a PSG win.

Sheffield might surprise everyone one day. Win cup, combine with Huddersfield, leave ground built for 1983 world student games event.

Who knows❓?

I know that the Student Games was in 1991

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Here we go, a proper "watch it together" moment for us all.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The band are Toure Kunda, and they are pretty decent.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ohh, the old ad-break crossword question! That's a nostalgic rush, right there.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Stevo announcing each pair of players as they took to the field - that didn't last.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good to see Greg Kacala in action after all these years.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Freddie Bonkers opens the scoring!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived