World Cup 2021

My understanding that the reason for having this WC cycle is so it doesn't clash with other major events.

Unfortunately all sporting events have had to be postponed (and rightly so) which means next year will have an Olympics and Euros.

Will this have a negative impact on the publicity for our WC as all the media attention will be focused on them.

Could it have a positive effect by riding on the coat tails of these tournaments and creating some interest in ours which follows a few months later

I always try to remain positive about RL. If everyone has a positive approach then the game would flourish.

I agree that it will be well supported and hopefully having if in autumn will still give the RFL and IRL enough time to build some good momentum 

1 hour ago, JM2010 said:

My understanding that the reason for having this WC cycle is so it doesn't clash with other major events.

Unfortunately all sporting events have had to be postponed (and rightly so) which means next year will have an Olympics and Euros.

Will this have a negative impact on the publicity for our WC as all the media attention will be focused on them.

Could it have a positive effect by riding on the coat tails of these tournaments and creating some interest in ours which follows a few months later

I think it may be more the bit in bold to be honest.. it being autumn/winter so the other events will already have happened so shoulnt have too many distractions and I dont think next year people will get tired of major events and celebrations to be honest, think they will welcome as many as possible

Due to the timing, no major event of interest to the UK public or likely world audience will be rescheduled and clash with the World Cup.

The commercial sponsorship sell might be harder as there will be more more global events in the 21/22 financial year, but then again we are probably not looking at the same companies.

The operating budget is secured via existing government funding so the scale of the competition is not in threat.

I think that it will be a massive success.

8 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Due to the timing, no major event of interest to the UK public or likely world audience will be rescheduled and clash with the World Cup.

The commercial sponsorship sell might be harder as there will be more more global events in the 21/22 financial year, but then again we are probably not looking at the same companies.

The operating budget is secured via existing government funding so the scale of the competition is not in threat.

a lot of that will have already been agreed and budgeted (possibly spent) so it shouldnt make a difference in those terms. 

I've had similar thoughts. The marketing line will probably move from being the biggest international event of 2021 to being part of an incredible year of sport.

We will have to try and ride the crest of Euro's / Olympic wave.

It will be a challenge, especially if the Kangaroo tour is cancelled, but achievable.

Once this is over people are going to be clambering for sporting events and realistically there are going to be no big events until next summer (not including leagues starting back up). All sport will get a massive boost once things get going again and I can see that extending into next year.

I think this will be a positive rather than a negative. Cup finals, Euros, Olympics, RLWC all could be quite emotional and with it being a home WC I think it will be very well supported. Something to look forward to.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

4 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Exactly, Batchelors Peas and Gordon’s MOT Centre in Dewsbury won’t be sponsoring the Olympics or Euros. 

Archived