“If the opportunity does arise and it’s the right club I’ll definitely take it I think”

Not sure many NRL clubs will be recruiting next season, unless he is willing to take a low pay deal.

For them it'll primarily be about financial review, consolidation and recovery for a good year or two.

7 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Not sure many NRL clubs will be recruiting next season, unless he is willing to take a low pay deal.

For them it'll primarily be about financial review, consolidation and recovery for a good year or two.

Do you think SL will be a whole lot different to that?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

13 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Do you think SL will be a whole lot different to that?

I don't know, but the NRL clubs have a lot further to fall than SL ones and will have comparatively massive contract liabilities so the risk is greater to them. He will be considered a marquee player in SL next year whatever happens and a top earner relative to his peers, in the NRL he may be considered a gamble few can afford.

On the other hand he might be happy to go for a low wage as personal enjoyment ranks high in his priorities. That's a rare quality these days and best of luck to him if that's the case.

Archived