Brothers in same team.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gooleboy said:

Didn't the Rayne twins turn out together for Leeds. Also at Leeds and Featherstone was Ikram and Tony Butt.

Keith and Kevin Rayne started out at Trinity... where Henry and Willie Oulton played (but I don’t know if they played together)... I think Graham and Martin Law in the late 90s 

and I definitely remember Wally Lewis throwing a couple of try scoring passes to his young brother Scott in a trinity shirt

Workington have had 3 sets of twins play for them :-

Billy & Dennis Martin 

Billy & Bobby Pattinson 

Craig & Martin Stalker 

Plus numerous sets of brothers as already mentioned in this thread. Rob & Shaun Lunt being one not already mentioned.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

1 hour ago, LeeF said:

The Gorleys also played together at Whitehaven

I'd forgot about Peter Gorley paying at Whitehaven, talking of which, 2 other sets of brothers that played there together are Phil and Steve Burney in the 80's and Garry and Robert Purdham

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

2 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

I think Don and Peter Fox, and David and Kevin Hobbs turned out for Featherstone. Keith Bell and his brothers Pete and John also played, but not sure if they played together. Also Deryck Fox's brother Martin signed with Rovers, they could have featured once together. If Mark LasPalmas reads this, maybe he fan confirm. Finally in Rovers early says there was Sid and Jim Denton.

Not bad mate! I think we got up to about 26 sets of brothers at Featherstone. Paul & Shaun Newlove, Ikky & Tony Butt a couple of more recent ones....

clwydianrange,

The Grayshons Jeff (dad) Paul (son)

The Bates brothers at Dewsbury.

Norman and Len Haley Bradford northern

Idwal and Tony Fisher Bradford Northern

David and Alan Redfern  Bradford Northern

15 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Not bad mate! I think we got up to about 26 sets of brothers at Featherstone. Paul & Shaun Newlove, Ikky & Tony Butt a couple of more recent ones....

Thanks. I seem to recall Tony Butt played one game for us as a Sub then became the Lord Lucan of Rugby League! We also had Richard Newlove who I think played for us against St Helens in a Cup Tie with brother Paul playing for Saints.

Did Vince and Tony Karalius play for the same team at the same time? Widnes, perhaps?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Peter Fox would have played with Don at Featherstone, while Neil played with them both at Wakefield, but not at the same time.

Mick Gibbins' brother Brian played the odd game or two at Featherstone while Mick was a first team regular, but can't remember whether they featured in the same side?

Archived