Brothers in same team.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mumby,

An old one for you, straight after the war Bradford Northern signed a Welsh lad Gwylfor Jones, around two years later they signed his brother Wynne. They played together at Northern unti the mid fifties.

Gwylfor and Wynne Jones. 

On 26/03/2020 at 18:44, Derwent said:

Workington have had 3 sets of twins play for them :-

Billy & Dennis Martin 

Billy & Bobby Pattinson 

Craig & Martin Stalker 

Plus numerous sets of brothers as already mentioned in this thread. Rob & Shaun Lunt being one not already mentioned.

Was there another Pattinson brother - Malcolm who played a few games? Or was he a cousin?

There were a number of times both Bobby and Billy played in the same team, and a number of mis-identifications of some misdemeanors! Billy was the more 'mischievous' shall we say, and Bobby took the blame a few times, whilst Billy was grinning like a Cheshire Cat

Kyle & Josh White

There must have been quite a few brothers/half brothers with different surnames, although I can't think of any?

The closest I can get is former Dewsbury championship winning coach Tommy Smales and his brother Trevor Bailey while they were at Fev, although Trevor was in the juniors at the time. He never got to play professionally due to a serious knee injury and went into coaching, ending up as first team coach at Wakefield, and later Scarborough pirates.

On 27/03/2020 at 17:33, The Vet said:

Bob & Hamoni Tuavao

Dave & Gary Kendall

both Barrow late 80’s

You and brother Neil  must have played A team together at Barrow Phil.

Also played against each other in a Challenge cup tie... you for Barrow and Neil for Askam.

BarrowRaiders-keithnutter-1.png

Izaac and Joel Farrell are in the current Sheffield Eagles team.

Is there something about having the name Farrell that condemns you to being a rugby player?

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

10 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Same time as Billy and Bobby Pattinson played for Town i think they had a Brother called Stan who was a good Clubman also .

That’s right Stan was also on the books but wasn’t really a first team player.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

On 29/03/2020 at 15:25, tim2 said:

Izaac and Joel Farrell are in the current Sheffield Eagles team.

Is there something about having the name Farrell that condemns you to being a rugby player?

Second generation of Farrell brothers their dad Anthony had 2 brothers Carlton and Andrew at Fartown at the same time.Around the same times there were the St Hilares Lee and Marcus (Junior) and a third brother at Halifax there may have been a fourth

Just waiting to get this one in as no one as yet picked up on it yet.

In the mid 60,s I remember a hull team come to wakey and the great Clive Sullivan played on one wing and his brother b.sullivan was on the other wing. Infact they looked like twins. They both had lightening pace and I seem to think one of them scored that day.

Archived