Who clapped for the NHS

Not a good turn out in my street, Out of about twenty odd houses, there was only about half a dozen turned out.  At least all the ladies had a good - if distant - natter before they came back in.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Some turnouts were better than others, it seems.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Our end of the cul de sac did - and it was very nice too. Could hear quite a bit around the town.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I could hear a bit, but I'm at the back of the building, so I don't know what it was like actually in the street.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think my neighbours are taking the pee. Thats the first time they have ever applauded me for putting my bin out?.

Seriously a few were out clapping around and some cars tooted. I understand emergency services were flashing their blue lights too

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

My wife is a Nurse, she said, quite matter of fact “It’s nonsense, Im just doing my job, if people want to show their appreciation then they make sure they follow government guidelines and don’t be dicks”

A bit harsh but I get what she means!

To be honest I know people in the NHS that said the same.

quite a few out in our road, good turnout. my daughter caught the virus last week & took herself back to work today as she felt ok & bored at home. had to come home as too tired. she'll go back Monday when fully rested. proud of my girl! she's a doctor

Archived