RLWC 2021 ticket sales & schedules revealed

• 3 months later...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

England vs Samoa Sat 23 Oct 2.30pm Newcastle

England v France Sat 30 Oct 5pm Bolton

England v Greece Sat 6 Nov 2.30pm Sheffield

Good to see all the midweek games and double headers.

I’m particularly looking forward to the wheelchair double headers at the Copper Box in London.

Some nice detail there. 

Quick skim read but I like Warringtons fixtures, 6 different teams keeps the variety. 

As a follower of Scotland I'm glad we have two games in Newcastle, and seeing Fiji will be great too. 

Possibly not sure if the wisdom of the Aussie game at Hull on the same day as the opener, but this was never going to be easy. Glad we have games spread out through the week, although haven't looked for short turnarounds. 

Looks good for the most part, obviously the bit I'm a little disappointed in is having the Hull group game on the same day as the opener, I was really wanting to go to both and despite being in hull I'm still gonna go to the game in Newcastle instead. I hope a lot of other people don't think the same. I guessed right though, did think it was gonna be Aus v Fiji at kcom! I'll still get to the quarter final in hull and a surprise to get a womens game with it in a double header so at least getting more games here than I thought! Definitely a few places I can easily get to, Doncaster, Sheffield, York so a lot of games to take in without even thinking about travelling too much. Probably looking at close to 20 games! 😁

Australia v Scotland in Coventry on a Friday night could be quite a tough sell but with it being one of only two games in the south I would hope people will travel. Tonga v Cook Islands at Riverside is certainly an interesting one as well. Tonga are obviously a draw for us in the know but will the casual man in the street in Middlesbrough be massively interested in seeing them? I suppose it's not far for heartland fans to travel and it's on a Sunday but we shouldn't be relying solely on existing fans to fill these grounds. 

I like how there's a game at Kingston Park the day after the opener, should be an appealing weekend away for a lot of people and will really get Newcastle talking about the tournament. Hopefully a lot of people from there will travel down to Middlesbrough. Nope, all in all it looks pretty good! 

Can anyone explain the logic to me of the women's double header at headingley where, on a Tuesday, England vs Brazil kicks off at 1430 followed by PNG vs Canada at 1700. As far as I can see there isn't any other game in any of the tournaments that evening so why wouldn't you have that England game at 1930? 

2 minutes ago, M j M said:

Can anyone explain the logic to me of the women's double header at headingley where, on a Tuesday, England vs Brazil kicks off at 1430 followed by PNG vs Canada at 1700. As far as I can see there isn't any other game in any of the tournaments that evening so why wouldn't you have that England game at 1930? 

Probably so schools can go, which is a great idea if it is the case. 

Just now, M j M said:

Must say I had noticed that, one of the England wheelchair games is at 13:30 on a Wednesday as well. France v Greece at Doncaster mid afternoon on a Monday might be a bit of a hard sell.

A pretty good schedule overall with some good kick-off times that slot into prime time viewing slots on TV. Also interesting to see that they did press on with the idea of playing a game during the day during the week in France v Greece at Doncaster. Also quite a fan of how they’ve cleverly placed games in the same regions around each other. 

I will look at it in greater detail this evening as to what games I fancy going to. 

13 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Must say I had noticed that, one of the England wheelchair games is at 13:30 on a Wednesday as well. France v Greece at Doncaster mid afternoon on a Monday might be a bit of a hard sell.

Half term at school?

2 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

No that does make sense, just seemed a little strange when it was the only men's game to be scheduled for that sort of time.

When they released a survey (probably about six months ago now), a game during the day and around school holidays, was one of the questions they asked and whether people would be okay with it. I assume the results were good and they’ve gone ahead with it. 

Archived