RLWC 2021 ticket sales & schedules revealed

14 minutes ago, kev p said:

very few games in the south, only semi at arsenal, & being a spurs fan thats a no straight away! surely a few more games could have been brought from the heartlands. wheres expansion?

Go to the game at Arsenal and buy your ticket in what would ordinarily be the away section. Sorted. I did something similar for a GB game at Bolton in the late 90s because I’d sat in all of the home sections but never the away part of South Stand Upper 🤣

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, kev p said:

very few games in the south, only semi at arsenal, & being a spurs fan thats a no straight away! surely a few more games could have been brought from the heartlands. wheres expansion?

I was hoping there’d be another game or two in London or the Midlands, but it makes sense to have them mainly where the fans are. 

47 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I was hoping there’d be another game or two in London or the Midlands, but it makes sense to have them mainly where the fans are. 

Yeah personally I would have liked a bit more spread but that was the nature of the Northern Powerhouse funding

1 hour ago, kev p said:

dosent try to get new fans on board though. 

I would say thank god they secured £25m from the government's Northern Powerhouse initiative. If that means more games sit in the north of England this time then so be it. Without this funding, considering what has happened, there would be no World Cup in 2021.

Enjoy it, it is something to really look forward to amidst this current  #### show. 

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Three Games in the North East suggests otherwise. 

I didn’t agree with the second venue in Newcastle after Workington fell through, would have liked to have seen other grounds used for low key games even if one game each - Widnes certainly, maybe Notts County or Chesterfield or somewhere like that. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

I didn’t agree with the second venue in Newcastle after Workington fell through, would have liked to have seen other grounds used for low key games even if one game each - Widnes certainly, maybe Notts County or Chesterfield or somewhere like that. 

It has created a weekend in Newcastle with Saturday and Sunday games. I'm sure a lot of people will take advantage.

1 hour ago, kev p said:

dosent try to get new fans on board though. 

That's not true. 

They will be trying to get new fans in the traditional grounds, but even if we ignore them, we will be trying to get new fans in Newcastle, Middlesborough, Coventry, Sheffield, Bolton, Liverpool, London etc. 

To fill all these grounds we will need new fans, people should remember this when discussing expansion. 

3 minutes ago, Scubby said:

What if you could pay on the day Kev? 😉 

will wait & see whos playing first. if a few games down here i'm sure me & my boy would have gone to them. i go to the england internationals when in london & usually well attended. 

Even though there is only one game in London it is still a game 60,000 people can go to, that is the equivelant of 5 games in leigh, 4 in Warrington or 3 at headingley, puts into perspective just how many new fans could go. Also let's not forget half the wheelchair games are in London, bloody exciting stuff that, rugby league meets rollerball! 

19 minutes ago, kev p said:

even further away!

Apologies it doesn’t suit you but there’s three games in a region where Rugby League is growing, in two very good grounds, with one of them (Boro) being an hour and fifteen from a major RL city in Leeds. 

35 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I have no words for this. 

4 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Apologies it doesn’t suit you but there’s three games in a region where Rugby League is growing, in two very good grounds, with one of them (Boro) being an hour and fifteen from a major RL city in Leeds. 

There's 5 games in the north-east, 3 at Kingston Park, 1 at St James Park and 1 at Riverside. 

31 minutes ago, Dave T said:

That's not true. 

They will be trying to get new fans in the traditional grounds, but even if we ignore them, we will be trying to get new fans in Newcastle, Middlesborough, Coventry, Sheffield, Bolton, Liverpool, London etc. 

To fill all these grounds we will need new fans, people should remember this when discussing expansion. 

Please - Middlesbrough.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

My biggest concern is the lack of sponsors (Basically there are none) looking at the list its all government quangos and trade offs and with just over a year to go all i can forecast is discounted deals.

Not good yet again we seem to be relying on a ticket driven (The cheap deals will no doubt kick in) tournament aimed at the same old market.

Archived