RLWC 2021 ticket sales & schedules revealed

10 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Middlesbrough is in Yorkshire, as is Sedburgh. Games against Middlesbrough are Yorkshire derbies. Take 1974 as gospel though and Hull is in Humberside not Yorkshire so it swings all ways.

And Liverpool is in Lancashire, not that 90% of Scousers would even know that. 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_East_England

North East England is one of nine official regions of England at the first level of NUTS for statistical purposes. It covers Northumberland, County Durham, Tyne and Wear, and the area of the former county of Cleveland in North Yorkshire. The region is home to three large conurbations: Teesside, Wearside, and Tyneside, the last of which is the largest of the three and the eighth most populous conurbation in the United Kingdom.[2] There are three cities in the region: Newcastle upon Tyne, the largest, with a population of just under 280,000 but a metro area population of 809,000 Sunderland, also in the metropolitan county of Tyne and Wear; and Durham. Other significant towns include Barnard Castle, Berwick Upon Tweed, Darlington, Gateshead, Hartlepool, Hexham, Middlesbrough, South Shields, Stockton-on-Tees, Washington and Yarm.

Just saying. 👍

Anywhere south of the Tees is in Yorkshire.

Certain areas of the county are under the jackboot of occupation by other authorities, created by Government fantasy.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

23 hours ago, Number 16 said:

Disappointing to see the Greek team based in South Yorkshire at the Keepmoat and Bramhall Lane. I'd have gone for the Totally Wicked Stadium. 

St Hellenics? 

Please. Bramall.

Bramhall is down south in Cheshire.

55 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Middlesbrough is in Yorkshire, as is Sedburgh. Games against Middlesbrough are Yorkshire derbies. Take 1974 as gospel though and Hull is in Humberside not Yorkshire so it swings all ways.

Quite right, Tommy.  

It always amuses me that there are gallant folk in places like Middlesbrough and Hull fighting for their right to be in Yorkshire, whilst folk in Lancashire are all too keen to tell you they're in Cheshire or Cumbria.

2 minutes ago, Griff said:

Quite right, Tommy.  

It always amuses me that there are gallant folk in places like Middlesbrough and Hull fighting for their right to be in Yorkshire, whilst folk in Lancashire are all too keen to tell you they're in Cheshire or Cumbria.

A legendary English lecturer (in my eyes) at my uni called Yorkshire an "Island", separated by the Humber, Tees, Peak district and Pennines from the rest of the UK. 

And as an extension to the Lancs. point, Merseyside!

1 hour ago, Griff said:

Anywhere south of the Tees is in Yorkshire.

Certain areas of the county are under the jackboot of occupation by other authorities, created by Government fantasy.

The office of national statistics breaks England up into 9 official regions and the teesside, ie the Tees Valley and a small portion of North Yorkshire is in the region of the North East. What of that don't you understand? Are you a thick man? Is that what this is or are you just an ignorant #####? 

1 hour ago, Griff said:

Appropriate that a Halluncinating Goose relies on Wikipedia to tell us where Yorkshire is.😂

You do realise that almost everything on Wikipedia is referenced from countless primary sources don't you? 99.9% of stuff on Wikipedia is only allowed to be on there because it is found in other articles and documents. Now stop being so ignorant. ######. 

47 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

The office of national statistics breaks England up into 9 official regions and the teesside, ie the Tees Valley and a small portion of North Yorkshire is in the region of the North East. What of that don't you understand? Are you a thick man? Is that what this is or are you just an ignorant #####? 

You do realise that almost everything on Wikipedia is referenced from countless primary sources don't you? 99.9% of stuff on Wikipedia is only allowed to be on there because it is found in other articles and documents. Now stop being so ignorant. ######. 

Not really interested in what some johnny-come-lately Government thinks about it.

Yorkshire's been here for over a thousand years.

But thanks for your thoughts.

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

A legendary English lecturer (in my eyes) at my uni called Yorkshire an "Island", separated by the Humber, Tees, Peak district and Pennines from the rest of the UK. 

And as an extension to the Lancs. point, Merseyside!

Greater Manchester, Tommy - greater than what ?🤔

Excellent. We have a world cup featuring 20 odd countries, including Spain, Norway, Brazil, Greece, Canada, Lebanon etc. and the Yorkies are filling up the thread with moans about changes to local government boundaries in 1974. 

7 minutes ago, JonM said:

Excellent. We have a world cup featuring 20 odd countries, including Spain, Norway, Brazil, Greece, Canada, Lebanon etc. and the Yorkies are filling up the thread with moans about changes to local government boundaries in 1974. 

1974 ?  They change the boundaries every ten minutes.

That's part of the problem.  No consistency.

Did we not finish 12th in the medal table in the 2012 Olympics ?🥇

10 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Hospitality for the final is over 700 PP + VAT (Good luck with that one:(

Seems reasonable for a World Cup final

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Hospitality for the final is over 700 PP + VAT (Good luck with that one:(

Not sure how much it was for the last one at Old Trafford but I was fortunate to be a guest there and it was a great experience. Hospitality at Old Trafford is very good there are usually a lot of differing options and scales of price to be fair

On 23/07/2020 at 09:36, Eddie said:

And Liverpool is in Lancashire, not that 90% of Scousers would even know that. 

You are from Liverpool aren’t you Eddie?

There’s a stained glass window in Paddy’s wigwam with Lancashire on it. Remember when I saw it being slightly surprised as I hadn’t realised the historic connection.

• 1 month later...

Archived