Sign in to follow this  
SL17

Where does this leave TWP.

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Same place as everyone else. 

Pretty much, with little risk of folding.

Actually, if the season is called off, it's pretty easy to just have season tickets roll over to next year.

• Like 4

What an odd question to ask.

It leaves them sat twiddling their thumbs like everyone else, once SL starts up they will play again.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, silverback said:

WITHOUT A SINGLE POINT AS YET.:kolobok_punish:

If there is a shortened season that will all have to be erased since we are starting over again....remember I said they would make top 5 and they will with a properly structured restart.   If not then the season is terminated and we go at it all again next year!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

If there is a shortened season that will all have to be erased since we are starting over again....remember I said they would make top 5 and they will with a properly structured restart.   If not then the season is terminated and we go at it all again next year!

Come back stronger hey,,, that old nutmeg, i think once that first win comes you will be fine to stay up but you need a clearout for 2021 that a cert. i do think this seasons done and its just stating to get a bit scarey up here in the hills fella, were told tonight of 2 people very ill and a mile away from us. stay safe for now,, its only a game show.:kolobok_training1:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SL17 said:

No home games,,season finished?

Still leaves you sad,bitter,twisted and with a severe priority malfunction.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I can certainly see things being more complex for teams like Toronto, Catalan and Toulouse.  Even the NZ Warriors in the NRL.

This pandemic is unfolding across the world but not chronologically at the same time. International travel has been effectively turned off and countries are taking similar steps to reduce the number of cases and manage the outbreak. China has provided a blueprint of how to lock a country down and remove the virus bar a few isolated cases. Some countries are optimistic that they have reached the 'top of the curve' while others are nowhere near the peak.

The problem will be when each country feels it is ready to proceed with 'normal' life again I can see international travel being reduced for a longer period for fear of the virus being re-imported. Again, in China, the small number of cases they have are weighted towards inbound international travellers.

For the teams above, there is a possibility that a league could start up again while travel restrictions remain in place and that could certainly have an extended negative effect on them over the other clubs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

I can certainly see things being more complex for teams like Toronto, Catalan and Toulouse.  Even the NZ Warriors in the NRL.

This pandemic is unfolding across the world but not chronologically at the same time. International travel has been effectively turned off and countries are taking similar steps to reduce the number of cases and manage the outbreak. China has provided a blueprint of how to lock a country down and remove the virus bar a few isolated cases. Some countries are optimistic that they have reached the 'top of the curve' while others are nowhere near the peak.

The problem will be when each country feels it is ready to proceed with 'normal' life again I can see international travel being reduced for a longer period for fear of the virus being re-imported. Again, in China, the small number of cases they have are weighted towards inbound international travellers.

For the teams above, there is a possibility that a league could start up again while travel restrictions remain in place and that could certainly have an extended negative effect on them over the other clubs.

Surely they will be able to work everything out.

15 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I expect they will.  The world will get back to normal although who knows what the timelines will be.

My point is that teams located in other countries may be effected for a little longer as travel restrictions may not be relaxed as quickly as the internal country restrictions so co-ordination of the start up will be more complex for these teams.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

They will but it will be very different and guesswork won't help.

• Like 1

Where does it leave every club ? In trouble , uncertain , worried . And there’s  many clubs in a lot more parlous state

• Like 1

Maybe I am being too much of an optimist here but I just have a feeling that once this terrible situation is over attendances will soar:)

Just my feeling I for one will make every effort to attend as many matches as possible already missing the London Broncos matches and traveling up from Spain in the school holidays to watch Toulouse.

Paul

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Kayakman said:

As a man who is not as parochial as many on here, I want to see TWP prosper.

They might have spent year 5 of their 5 year plan in the second flight. I will be very pleased if that does not happen.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

I cannot see it Bob I just think there will be a re-boot although the biggest problem will be International travel some countries may be able to contain the virus others will take longer thus it will be sensible to stop some if not all international travel.

We would normally be traveling to our home in Spain from England next week (School holidays) even though its still possible on Eurotunnel my friends in Catalonia tell me the lock down even in the village near where we live is being really strictly enforced.

No doubt the biggest challenges will be with the 3 overseas clubs however financially TWP with DA money and the Dragons and Toulouse with massive city council and regional financial support anyway will be in a far stronger financial position than most English clubs.

I see Virgin Atlantic are pleading for HMG assistance today tricky dickie has been pouncing off the state with his toy railway for years lets hope its a NO 🙂

On 27/03/2020 at 08:53, Davo5 said:

Still leaves you sad,bitter,twisted and with a severe priority malfunction.

Nice to see you have an opinion.😂

• Sad 1