NRL spent AU$ 500,000 a day..... on admin costs

I would’ve thought June 1st is a realistic start date, even if it might be behind closed doors. That’s what my company is working to. If restrictions go on longer, they’ll be far bigger issues in the world than the health of sporting clubs

This is building into both a scandal and a nightmare.

It now seems that the NRL have not been paying what they should  into the players pension fund for the last couple of years.

They spend money on limousine travel, diamond rings and pay themselves enthusiastically.

If anything good comes out of this current worldwide sadness, let’s hope one of the things will be a sorting out of the administrators of the game and putting the finances in order. It may be some time now before the game can expand as it ultimately should. The main thing is to see all the clubs survive in the short run. Can Mr Greenberg and his team be trusted to take the game forward?

Some seriously striking figures bandied about in Ben Ikin's article - apparently the more money clubs got from the NRL the bigger the debt the game got into going from a deficit of AU$20 million in 2012 to AU$ 61 Million by 2017.?

An unsustainable business model.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/ben-ikin-the-hypocrisy-in-the-clubs-accusing-nrl-of-mismanaging-finances/news-story/a63ac6968f897f7fa7da0c141ef54f76

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Archived