These people should be heavily fined

Rumour in Coventry where the incident happened is that the food was left by students returning home to China.

There are/ were hundreds of Chinese students in the city.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

4 hours ago, Dave T said:

Of course this could have been a normal shop for somebody who ended up in hospital, or worse. 

But, it's better to demonise and stir up hatred. 

One the furious tweets yesterday had food pictured with a use by date of 1 March.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

This is one of my minor worries about this. I have enough food to last me, probably another week, I get my PIP on Tuesday & I am prepared to queue to get into Asda, but will there be any food in there when I get in? And what state will the stores be in by the time I get my UC on 17th? Are the food banks distributing, or are they holding onto the food, or giving it to homeless (hopefully)?

Just now, Dave T said:

I went shopping yesterday and the shelves were 90% stocked. 

My wife then had to nip to get the stuff I forgot today and she reported the same at Morrison. She even got loo roll. 

Where do you live ? ?

21 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

This is one of my minor worries about this. I have enough food to last me, probably another week, I get my PIP on Tuesday & I am prepared to queue to get into Asda, but will there be any food in there when I get in? And what state will the stores be in by the time I get my UC on 17th? Are the food banks distributing, or are they holding onto the food, or giving it to homeless (hopefully)?

If your supermarket has introduced queuing, then the chances are that the shelves will be better stocked. Also, don't go at the usual peak shopping times.

I went to my nearest Sainsbury's at about 7pm the other evening. I joined a queue of three people, and when we were let in (after about a minute's wait), there was much more stock on the shelves. In fact, it was a nicer shopping experience than the pre-crisis days. Very quiet and relaxing. I bought everything I needed/wanted, apart from grated mozzarella, but that was just me being forgetful.

Mind you, the old guy in front of me at the till bought about 20 bottles of spirits and nothing else, which is a form of panic-buying I could approve of. The customers were limited to three of each item, so he had three bottles of gin, three bottles of whisky, three bottles of vodka etc. etc. No mixers.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Where do you live ? ?

Not telling you! You lot would have me banged up because I bought panninis instead of the basic white sliced loaf you lot allow as essentials!!!!! 

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

There was plenty of most kinds of food in our ASDA in St Helens yesterday when I went.  No toilet rolls (if you have a local shop, go there, as my local one has been my source of toilet rolls for a few weeks now!) and no pasta but I went late in the day.  However, there was plenty of bread and milk and eggs and pretty much everything else.  The panic has subsided.  I think people will now fall into a routine, until it all gets too much of course.

4 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Hastings Food Bank is still operational. Asda is fine as long as you’re not too choosy and has more stock now that numbers going in and out are restricted. The main emphasis is on restocking - which for the safety of the staff is a key reason why entry numbers are limited.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 hours ago, Dave T said:

Of course this could have been a normal shop for somebody who ended up in hospital, or worse. 

But, it's better to demonise and stir up hatred. 

Surely our glorious press wouldn't put a good story before the truth??

Archived