TODAY'S LIVE CHAT

WTRLFC WEBSITE

Anything to keep fans engaged with the club is good. I donated my usual spends on a match day.

The chats a really good and interesting to hear from different people from within the club! Could an idea be to stream footage of games from by gone days via facebook? Town vs Haven games, super league era, old Trafford final etc? And get people to donate a match day fee?

2 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

How about getting some older players involved, Penrice. Patty, Buck, Boxer (OK maybe not Boxer ?) I bet they would have some stories to tell, that's if we could understand them that is ?

And they could work the modern technology ?

40 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Chris mentions Gus a lot in the clips, just a question is Olly still with us? I haven't heard him mentioned in any crack regarding town. 

He was mentioned to

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, WTRLFC WEBSITE said:

2:30pm today.... 

Just watched the latest link up and have got to congratulate town and Gary on another fantastic hour, I could listen to Corky all day, a true gentleman and a fantastic player, I could never understand as a young lad how anyone could come off the field having played a full game and never have any mud on his kit, after listening today I now know how he did it ?, well done, Gary, Chris, Nige, Rev Granger, Carl and Corky. UTT

Really enjoyable they are. At a time when there is nothing going on. They are a highlight to alot of peoples week. 

Be good to get Pickering, Limmer or even Ged Stokes on the other end for a chin wag. 

Hope everyone is keeping well and safe. Hopefully wont be to long before we see rugby again. UTT

Brilliant  . Could listen to korky  all day . Very funny when he said  he done a dummy when an attacker was running at him . So it looked the other way round  and he didnt have to tackle . What a great team he played in . Thats when I fell in love with Rugby . Them Lancashire cup finals,  Brilliant .  

11 hours ago, WTRLFC WEBSITE said:

This move on the first try was discussed today on the Live chat! Korky advising it wasn't particularly rehearsed or planned. 

Unbelievable skill and timing, love this try! 

Enjoy 

Up the Town 

#ourtown 

Genius that was Eddie Bowman, superb hands and what a run from big Les

12 hours ago, WTRLFC WEBSITE said:

This move on the first try was discussed today on the Live chat! Korky advising it wasn't particularly rehearsed or planned. 

Enjoy 

Up the Town 

#ourtown 

That's the one I meant. I can see it now...Buffer to Hanley, back to Buffer, Buffer to Fitzy,  Fitzy to Caine through the gap and the tryscoring pass to Miller ! 

12 hours ago, WTRLFC WEBSITE said:

Enjoy 

Up the Town 

#ourtown 

He said he wouldn't know cos he never went to training! ? Big Les must've been a formidable sight coming at you at full pelt. 

Another fantastic live chat today with Gary, Chris, Jamie, Elliott and the great Jim Mills, great sitting in the sun with a beer, also let's all remember on this day 68 yrs ago the great team of 52 that brought the Challenge cup back to Workington, let's all raise a glass to that brilliant team. 

Archived