Favourite game in the last couple of seasons

spanishknight

Bored with no Knights games, so which is your favourite Knights game in the last couple of years?, hard to pick I know with lots of close games, mine would be Bulls away 2018 end to end game and a real 4 pointer, Knights fans turned up in their hundreds Kear saying the Knights couldnt handle the pressure, Bulls kept scoring everytime the Knights did, then in the last few minutes the Bulls kicked to the corner yet again but this time the Knights player caught it passed to Judah who ran the length of the pitch to win the game, all 4 games against the Bulls in the 2 years were great games, as were many more last season.

York at home v Leigh centurions , 2 teams giving it their all in testing conditions, game could have gone either way but we won by a point , that was to prove so typical in last seasons matches , and to me showed what the championship is all about , as all longing for the rugby to return , let's all be patient and keep safe ???

On 30/03/2020 at 09:34, spanishknight said:

Bored with no Knights games, so which is your favourite Knights game in the last couple of years?, hard to pick I know with lots of close games, mine would be Bulls away 2018 end to end game and a real 4 pointer, Knights fans turned up in their hundreds Kear saying the Knights couldnt handle the pressure, Bulls kept scoring everytime the Knights did, then in the last few minutes the Bulls kicked to the corner yet again but this time the Knights player caught it passed to Judah who ran the length of the pitch to win the game, all 4 games against the Bulls in the 2 years were great games, as were many more last season.

Still regularly give that try a watch ?

It was Butler-Fleming that evaded the tackle and fed Judah wasn't it? His footwork was absolutely magic. Played a pivotal part in the unforgettable win over Toronto as well.

1 hour ago, JonT said:

Still regularly give that try a watch ?

It was Butler-Fleming that evaded the tackle and fed Judah wasn't it? His footwork was absolutely magic. Played a pivotal part in the unforgettable win over Toronto as well.

Must have watched that try hundred times, Butler-Fleming catches it every time and passes to Judah, the rest is history.?

pretty sure that this game wont be on the tip of many peoples toungues in answer to this question but....

Hunslet 20 York 52 June 2017 is my pick,

huns had beaten us at home pretty comfortably (12-33) the year b4, so this was a real turnaround and a big stepping stone on the road back....we were simply brilliant in the first half running in tries from all over the park, throwing the ball about, it was one of connors first games and it showed us what was to come, i remember queuing for a hotdog at half time amazed that what id just seen had really happened.... for me it was the day that "new" york really clicked and all the mess and frustration of the previous admin was finally banished for good. now we had a team to be feared, a team that played entertaining rugby with some real talent and commitment....once again we were york and we were proud of it!

If we are going back to 2017

Toronto at home. Mouth was wide open for the whole game. Couldn't believe what was happening and the fact that we've had so many games as good as this since then - and how much this gets 'forgotten' as there was no 'success' in the league after it, shows what a couple of years we've just had

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

5 hours ago, Toby The Tram said:

If we are going back to 2017

Toronto at home. Mouth was wide open for the whole game. Couldn't believe what was happening and the fact that we've had so many games as good as this since then - and how much this gets 'forgotten' as there was no 'success' in the league after it, shows what a couple of years we've just had

Watched the match again on Knights Twitter feed yesterday , Phil Vievers commentating was pathetic from start to finish. 

Bigging up TWP at every opportunity and highlighting our mistakes to the hilt , the only thing he picked up on RE TWP was the amount of penalties they were giving away , not until about 5 minutes left did he accept that we would win the match .

So many great matches.

A few not mentioned yet: Sheffield away last season was a highlight, we finally all stood together at a match. Back in 2018, Workington away, was really important to end the bad run in Cumbria. West Wales (both games) were interesting in a ‘we’ll never see that again’ sense.

Going further back: 2017 seem to recall earlier in the season we trounced Keighley away. I also enjoyed our home win against Donny, I think in the previous match we’d lost at Oxford and not many were confident, but we toughed it out, got the points and our first 1,000+ League attendance in a while too. 

23 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Going further back: 2017 seem to recall earlier in the season we trounced Keighley away. 

Excellent result and excellent ice creams!

23 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Workington away, was really important to end the bad run in Cumbria.

Excellent result, excellent fish n chips!

When you restarted back as the Knights and had Agar as coach, we (Fev) had some absolute ding dongs.

Specifically the Challenge Cup Game, where I think it was 30 26. Your winger at the time went flying in at the corner to win. 

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

48 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

When you restarted back as the Knights and had Agar as coach, we (Fev) had some absolute ding dongs.

Specifically the Challenge Cup Game, where I think it was 30 26. Your winger at the time went flying in at the corner to win. 

Alex Godfrey was the winger, his son plays soccer for Norwich, think we played you 4 times that season and won them all. we played some great rugby under Richard Agar.

40 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Alex Godfrey was the winger, his son plays soccer for Norwich, think we played you 4 times that season and won them all. we played some great rugby under Richard Agar.

Yeah you did, played some lovely stuff. Top club.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Archived