Whatever happened to?

Reading another thread, reminded me of a long forgotten about Kevin Locke............someone who had the world at his feet and since disappeared into abyss. I googled what he was upto and apparently plays in the provincial league in NZ as has been the case for the past few years. He's only 30 years old.

So it made me think, along this theme, who are players who disappeared from the limelight and memory............ only to be reminded of at a later date?

T-Rex Tony Williams was another for me

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

T-Rex Tony Williams was another for me

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/11/18/manly-revive-t-rex-again-with-cut-price-contract/

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I remember Nick Zisti who was a regular first grade player in the N.R.L. signing for Bradford. What a comedown,he looked like he had never seen a rugby ball before. I believe he vanished into Italian R.U. indeed I think he played International R.U. for the national team.

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I never said he didn’t , but he must still have been relatively young when he went off the scene 

Persistent injuries ended his career far too early. He was a very talented player.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is pretty normal in sport many players just fall by the wayside we have one in the non league football team that I am involved in (Step 5) 31 years old played for Leeds United another 27 who played for Cardiff City in the premier league now on 100 pounds a week with us.

It happens 

8 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Reading another thread, reminded me of a long forgotten about Kevin Locke............someone who had the world at his feet and since disappeared into abyss. I googled what he was upto and apparently plays in the provincial league in NZ as has been the case for the past few years. He's only 30 years old.

https://www.allaboutnrl.com/2020/02/07/kevin-locke-signs-with-lower-grade-club/amp/

Sadly, his marriage seems to have ended in 2018: 

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jan/14/chelsea-pitman-australia-netball-england-kevin-locke

As far as I am aware Dave Halley still lives in the Wibsey area. A big pal of Stuart Reardon and Leon Pryce. I think after he left the Pro game he might have played a few games at West Bowling.Could be wrong but I think that is where he originated from.

6 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Not many people would have come up with that.   I personally wouldve, but not in this thread context.

What made you mention Ian Bell PL?  Where you associated with Hull? 

Just remember him being a real prospect and then disappearing from the top flight , another would be joey Hayes and Simon Haughton . 

Archived