Whatever happened to?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Poower Lad said:

Just remember him being a real prospect and then disappearing from the top flight , another would be joey Hayes and Simon Haughton . 

Ok, I thought you knew him.  

Ian was the most gifted natural centre I’ve seen.  Deceptively strong, a good step and good pace.  Like a few, he thought he’d made it, before he had.  Got into one too many scrapes and then spiralled down.  Could’ve listened to the advice he was given, but didn’t.

Really could have been something.

52 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Ok, I thought you knew him.  

Ian was the most gifted natural centre I’ve seen.  Deceptively strong, a good step and good pace.  Like a few, he thought he’d made it, before he had.  Got into one too many scrapes and then spiralled down.  Could’ve listened to the advice he was given, but didn’t.

Really could have been something.

Out of interest, how did you know him, or is this based on what you seen of him? 

3 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I think Featherstone,Barrow and York also gave him an opportunity.

He was a bit special.

Yes played for York, in a short stint.

Best player on the pitch. 

In think he could have been a top international. He had everything apart from the most important, the right attitude. 

1 hour ago, Bring back the Boyd said:

Leon Trotsky

There's an echo in here...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

19 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Don't know, why not just look in the mirror, "Oh look there I am".

Seriously, he seemed to have everthing big, fast, strong and a complete handful for defenders, then no more, vanished.

Ye I remember him for canterberry , he was a handful. Didn't he smack Ben barba? 

Idris had the physical attributes to be a big star. However, on several occasions I saw him play, he didn't seem to have the brain to match. He seemed to mentally switch off for a few seconds every now and then, and attackers would take advantage of it.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 31/03/2020 at 16:18, Poower Lad said:

Just remember him being a real prospect and then disappearing from the top flight , another would be joey Hayes and Simon Haughton . 

Hayes and haughton ended up at Oldham 

Bit disapointed with this thread...thought it was gonna be a "What ever happened to finding grot mags over the local park?" or "what was your fav flavour of discontinued 70's  crisps etc....country, dogs etc ? ? ?

On 31/03/2020 at 10:24, fairfolly said:

As far as I am aware Dave Halley still lives in the Wibsey area. A big pal of Stuart Reardon and Leon Pryce. I think after he left the Pro game he might have played a few games at West Bowling.Could be wrong but I think that is where he originated from.

I think Dave Halley ended up playing loose forward for Dudley Hill. His Dad died when Dave was playing at the Bulls, probably had some effect.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

18 hours ago, Gray1967 said:

Bit disapointed with this thread...thought it was gonna be a "What ever happened to finding grot mags over the local park?" or "what was your fav flavour of discontinued 70's  crisps etc....country, dogs etc ? ? ?

There's probably a thread on AOB called Nineties Stand-up Comedians who, quite frankly, phoned it in.

You know, "I haven't got any actual jokes, but whatever happened to Spangles, white dog turds, etc. etc.?"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived