Whatever happened to?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m going to say Andre Savelio. I know he’s at Hull but 81 appearances (an average of approx 13 a year since debut) at 25 across 5 clubs is quite some come down from the early hype about him when Luke Thompson who come through at the same time and is the same age is to head to the NRL next year with justified hyped.

If rumours are to be believed attitude and an agent are to blame.

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I’m going to say Andre Savelio. I know he’s at Hull but 81 appearances (an average of approx 13 a year since debut) at 25 across 5 clubs is quite some come down from the early hype about him when Luke Thompson who come through at the same time and is the same age is to head to the NRL next year with justified hyped.

If rumours are to be believed attitude and an agent are to blame.

Injuries and illness have also accounted for the low number of appearances, but yes, there is a question of past attitude and agent influence that he needs to shake off.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Richard Owen is another...........think he was playing at Donny last? 

Looked a great prospect breaking through at Cas. I know he had a bad injury, not sure if there were some off field issues too

He broke his leg and didn't he get an infection in the bone. Nasty injury, he was a good talent 

23 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

He slept with a team mates wife I remember. Disgusting should a have been sent back to Australia and no more heard from him. 

That was at Cas though, was not a happy camp that year which was a shame they were a very talented squad. 

After though I'm sure he went to Salford or maybe KR? Wondering if he's pottering around in a lower division somewhere.

47 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

That was at Cas though, was not a happy camp that year which was a shame they were a very talented squad. 

After though I'm sure he went to Salford or maybe KR? Wondering if he's pottering around in a lower division somewhere.

Almost like your excusing him, well done ?? 

8 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

Almost like your excusing him, well done ?? 

That's not what I meant at all as quite frankly I don't see being a rugby league player and being an adulterer as mutually exclusive and I'm not really interested in his private life.

Just wondered where he went after, obviously not the 9th circle of hell you believe he belongs? Seeing as that is the point of this thread.

1 hour ago, Hullfan said:

He slept with a team mates wife I remember. Disgusting should a have been sent back to Australia and no more heard from him. 

Haha love the moralistic stance. Think we need to find a bigger horse for you though ?

14 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I remember Leeds throwing a kid, maybe called Ward, into a Saints-Leeds game at KR at the height of our rivalry. I seem to recall he did well but can’t remember hearing of him after. 

Robbie Ward?

Hooker.........tidy enough player, but didn't really have the physical attributes to make it at the top level. Been playing the Championship for a few teams i think (Fev/Dewsbury?)

17 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Robbie Ward?

Hooker.........tidy enough player, but didn't really have the physical attributes to make it at the top level. Been playing the Championship for a few teams i think (Fev/Dewsbury?)

I think he went to Australia for a year before coming to the championship

I remember him scoring from an outrageous dummy to win against Leigh in the 2014? challenge cup quarter final at Headingley.

24 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Robbie Ward?

Nope, after a trail round Google, I meant Danny Allan. 

30 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Robbie Ward?

Now with Sheffield - couldn't fall any further.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

27 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

John Feeley at the Bulls?

Had amazing pace, footwork and good skills with the ball

I only saw Jon Feeley once for Bradford, at the Middlesex Sevens. Very very quick, but I though he'd been borrowed from the now-defunct Wakefield RU club.

He's coaching Wharfedale RUFC these days, along with fellow former Wakefield RUFC player Jon Skurr, who also represented the Bulls at Twickenham.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Whilst we're on the topic, what happened to the players of the Wales u16 side who defeated England in 2017?

https://rugbyleague.wales/rl-match-report?atkn=QkU3RUVDRjAtMzYzNi00Q0M3LTk0Q0EtMEE4MUI2QkJGMjM4&mid=MjQ4OTIx&tid=MTA1NTU4&optid=MTA1Mjc0

Quite a large number of them got snapped up by SL academies. Are they still there? I think Hull FC picked up 5 from memory, including the Badham brothers

Archived