Top 3 players who loved a good fight.

DewsburyRams4ever

38 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

Jackie Marchant 

Gwyn Davies

Joel Farrell

Steve Hankins doesn't count .... he got absolutely flattened by Arthur Beetson  ... Keith Mason used to like to mix it also

He did I agree but he loved to fight

1 hour ago, youngun said:

Andy Hobson - Forgotten about him

Everybody forgotten Wozzer ? Loved a scrap - except with Tim Street.:kolobok_acute:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

What was your hooker called who was always scrapping with our Chris Lythes? 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Don't forget "Acker" Bates - he never took a backward step.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, coolie said:

I know who you mean.. Name escapes me but the got within 5 yards of each other it kicked off

Luke Haigh?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

20 hours ago, Rambo said:

1. Gary Rose

2. Andy Fisher

3. Andy Dickinson

Yes they get my vote. Glad you reminded us of Gary Rose. He was very "robust" in every tackle and when he took the ball up. Andy Fisher was always ready for action and Dickinson looked ready for trouble. In fact, I'd put Dickinson at 2 and Fisher at 3.

Keith Mason wasnt one to shy away either.

Like the idea of the thread, could do toughest tackler, fastest, best goal kicker etc....

9 hours ago, youngun said:

Would it have been Chappy?

Yeah Chapman wasn't it... great player and a real tough nut ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

On 30/03/2020 at 19:06, DewsburyRams4ever said:

1. Shayne Williams

2. Andy Dickinson

3. Jaco Booysens 

Think you have to have "Dicko" but must confess Im struggling more with this one...

Maybe Keith Mason and Shayne Williams but Joel Farrell def in the running and Dean Hall keeps coming to mind.   Anyone else think he can be included?

14 hours ago, NickD said:

Think you have to have "Dicko" but must confess Im struggling more with this one...

Maybe Keith Mason and Shayne Williams but Joel Farrell def in the running and Dean Hall keeps coming to mind.   Anyone else think he can be included?

Jaco Booysens was the big South African forward that Tony Fisher signed after the world cup. He was forever getting sent off for fighting.

On 30/03/2020 at 22:15, Tony Ramfan said:

Best single punch Antony England v Sheffield (tell him when he wakes up he's been sent off)

I think that was against skolars. The bloke gouged England in the eye. England stands up plays the ball and knocks him out ?. The bloke came and apologised to England after the game. 

I knew I remembered it. Watch this from 11.30 on 

www.dewsburyramstv.co.uk - free highlights service

Archived