Top 3 players who loved a good fight.

DewsburyRams4ever

On 30/03/2020 at 22:15, Tony Ramfan said:

Best single punch Antony England v Sheffield (tell him when he wakes up he's been sent off)

Neil Kelly at Keighley does stand out for those of us who were there.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

16 hours ago, DewsburyRams4ever said:

Was he fighting with Jason Ramshaw? 

There was no fight, just one punch after which Ned simply turned on his heel and walked off without waiting for the referee's instruction to do so.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

15 hours ago, MrBungle said:

A front row of Bungy and Dicko was always lively. Les Boyd said that Keith Mason was one of  the toughest guys he faced while playing in in England (he was at Hunslet at the time if i recall)

I remember "bungalow" getting involved in a fight when we were playing Huddersfield (?) A team. The unusual aspect was that he wasn't even playing but a spectator in the main stand - a brawl errupted on the pitch and he ran down the steps to join in.

4 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I remember "bungalow" getting involved in a fight when we were playing Huddersfield (?) A team. The unusual aspect was that he wasn't even playing but a spectator in the main stand - a brawl errupted on the pitch and he ran down the steps to join in.

I remember that!!!  Brilliant.  Thanks BSJ

1 hour ago, NickD said:

I remember that!!!  Brilliant.  Thanks BSJ

I remember being stood next to him about 20 years ago when half a dozen away supporters started getting a bit belligerent. KM invited all six of them to join him in the car park to discuss their grievances. Strangely enough nobody took him up on it. He was a big lad, and quite intimidating. My niece helped out at the Gym where the Crown rugby lads trained when Keith was coach. At the first session he lined them up at the door and announced "lass on reception is a young un - so I don't want to hear any bad language from you f***n lot or you'll have me to answer to". Priceless. 

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived