NRL could start again within weeks

Oh now you're going to make some people cry... 

That said I think the time for this may have passed. Will be interesting to see what if anything unfolds from this as NZ Warriors are certainly a spanner in the works.

Just now, Allora said:

What a strange thing to say.

Would you like to see more cases and deaths?
Australia will be lucky if they are not bankrupt by the end of this disaster.

No sorry mate , of course not . Poor choice of words 

I don't want to moderate this thread, so could I please ask you to revise your posts to make them say what you meant? Some accidental wording that didn't come across quite right I think.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I know that the NRL & RFL are both desperate to get back playing for financial reasons but it will take only one confirmed case to emerge, or god forbid, death to come out of this and it will backfire spectacularly. Will they get all those involved to sign a waiver that they understand the decision and agree that they and their families would take no legal action in the case of such happenings because without that they are leaving themselves wideopen to lawsuits that really would finish the game off.

21 minutes ago, DavidM said:

No sorry mate , of course not . Poor choice of words 

I did not mean to bite so hard David,.

Its affected us pretty bad with work, unemployment  and the fatality of friend.

All good mate.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

11 minutes ago, Allora said:

I did not mean to bite so hard David,.

Its affected us pretty bad with work, unemployment  and the fatality of friend.

All good mate.

No need pal . It’s the times we’re in . I took CKN’s advice . I’m usually ok with words but noones perfect . I’m close ... but still working on it ?

There is no way any games will take place behind closed doors. Every ambulance, and all the the emergency services have far more important rolls to do, than waste time at any sports venue  while this virus is here.

31 minutes ago, DavidM said:

No need pal . It’s the times we’re in . I took CKN’s advice . I’m usually ok with words but noones perfect . I’m close ... but still working on it ?

All good David.

Troubled times indeed.

Stay safe Mate.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

1 hour ago, newbe said:

There is no way any games will take place behind closed doors. Every ambulance, and all the the emergency services have far more important rolls to do, than waste time at any sports venue  while this virus is here.

Of course. Contact sports would most likely need at least one ambulance available.

Unless of course we change the rules a bit to allow some social distancing.   Defending players could be required to stay at least 2 metres from an attacking player.   I know this works because Warrington used this defensive tactic in the late nineties and early 2000s.

1 hour ago, newbe said:

Not all...

https://eu.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/health/2020/04/02/health-care-workers-laid-off-patient-visits-drop-during-coronavirus-pandemic/5089438002/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/28/australias-private-hospitals-face-closure-after-coronavirus-causes-elective-surgery-ban

https://www.masslive.com/boston/2020/04/coronavirus-financial-losses-prompt-boston-medical-center-to-furlough-700-employees-10-of-hospitals-workforce.html

"Brett Holmes, general secretary of the NSW Nurses and Midwives’ Association, estimated more than 600 nurses across the state had been stood down since Thursday night and hundreds more could follow.

Unintended consequences all over the place with many more to come.

Perhaps the NRL are exploring an arrangement with private healthcare firms.

17 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Of course. Contact sports would most likely need at least one ambulance available.

Unless of course we change the rules a bit to allow some social distancing.   Defending players could be required to stay at least 2 metres from an attacking player.   I know this works because Warrington used this defensive tactic in the late nineties and early 2000s.

I think Warrington tactics from the 80s might be even more useful. Which was basically to get as many players as possible sent off in order to keep both teams apart. ?

Archived