Have Wigan ever been kept scoreless at home?

2 hours ago, corvusxiii said:

Just watched the video and it occurred to me that I can't remember Bentley scoring a 'normal' try. It's as if he couldn't score unless he started 80m from the try line.

Scored a phenomenal try for Yawnian GB Lions too.

Please forgive my prejudice during Holy Week ‼️⁉️

2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Strange point to make seeing as though RL was born out of the fact that the players wanted to earn money from playing!

Rugby League was born out of players not wanting to lose money from playing.

A big difference.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

37 minutes ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Similar score against Leeds(?) at same time when players wouldn't play for Millward I believe.

As always I am happy to be wrong?

Injuries, poor recruitment and poor training methods as much as anything. They were signing anyone they could from the lower leagues and on loan just to get a team out.

3 hours ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Similar score against Leeds(?) at same time when players wouldn't play for Millward I believe.

As always I am happy to be wrong?

IIRC, Wigan lost 70-0 at Leeds the week before losing 75-0 at Saints. I remember going into that derby completely calm and in no way worried about our chances. It was almost like we’d be drawn against a lower league team, the stench of inevitability about winning was everywhere that day, but I don’t think anyone expected to top what Leeds has done the week before. 

On 03/04/2020 at 20:52, Wigan Riversider said:

Thanks.

I was told as a boy that Wigan had played in the Yorkshire Cup.

When I mentioned it at school a particular heckler rubbished my very existence. Thankfully I haven't seen him since around Wembley 89: 27-0 to WIGAN. The happiest day of my life.

Yep, along with oldham. Nov 1941, both teams played in the Yorkshire cup as  there were no other teams left in Lancashire due to the war. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Loiner said:

And Headingley 70-0 lol

29-04-1989

Wigan 27

St Helens 0

The biggest game, when it mattered most, what a day it was at the venue of legends.

As BBC said prior to the 1991 final: 'A public execution.'

Fondly remembered by we happy pie eaters who were there.

Fatty Vautin told me 8 years later: 'Noone would have beaten Wigan that day.'

The most emphatic victory when it mattered most.

Our invincibles at their imperious best.

Archived