Car in garage ?....nope..full of Town stuff...here's some

Chrome Dome

I've gathered loads of paperwork, re Town, down the years.

Most of it relating to my time with the Academy teams...great memories from getting to know loads of players, and top coaches.

Great days for sure; Got to know - Dave Robley, David Smith, Glen Burgess, Paul Penrice and Martin Oglanby - top times with top guys.

The Oldham away one is of special interest to all who took part..Played at a non-league soccer ground home of Castlefield (or Castleton) Gabriels (gone now??)..anyway Town took a first half hammering - the Oldham player No. 8 ran amok..Half time 26-3...Oldham RL Chairman, Jim Hamilton, came over to me saying how nice it was to see Cumbrians suffering. The second half saw Town score an early consolation..ha, ha, so they thought..a terrific turnabout ended with Town triumph at 26-29...tears, of joy, were shed in post match jubilation - didn't see anything of Mr.Hamilton though, did we Oggy????

I'm gonna try and add some of the stuff aforementioned...IMG_0401.thumb.JPG.b9f48f2d6d9521573eecc229a839cd42.JPG

IMG_0403.JPG

IMG_0410.JPG

IMG_0411.JPG

IMG_0402.JPG

IMG_0408.JPG

IMG_0407.JPG

4 minutes ago, SteveCaton said:

Keith, the game Mally was playing in against Oldham, was that the game where they were 28-0 down and won 28-29?? 

some team that academy

I've added story Steve.....Town had scored 3 in 1st half..a pen and daft drop goal.

The tears I've mentioned were in fact from your Mally...he was just overcome..I started calling him Gazza after that..he'll remember it.

1 minute ago, Chrome Dome said:

I've added story Steve.....Town had scored 3 in 1st half..a pen and daft drop goal.

The tears I've mentioned were in fact from your Mally...he was just overcome..I started calling him Gazza after that..he'll remember it.

Haha I think he has actually mentioned it before.. I will remind him though!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

John Cunningham   , another expensive mistake for Town , Cost £20,000 to get from Hull K R played 27 games in 2 seasons then emigrated to Aus , played for a Country Team against the laws of the game at the time as we didn`t receive a transfer fee.....works out about £750 quid a game  plus wages .

59 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

John Cunningham   , another expensive mistake for Town , Cost £20,000 to get from Hull K R played 27 games in 2 seasons then emigrated to Aus , played for a Country Team against the laws of the game at the time as we didn`t receive a transfer fee.....works out about £750 quid a game  plus wages .

Blimey not cost effective then.....something in my memory bank says he was also involved with Barrow ??? 

On 04/04/2020 at 13:12, SteveCaton said:

Keith, the game Mally was playing in against Oldham, was that the game where they were 28-0 down and won 28-29?? 

some team that academy

Think I remember Kevin Brown crashing into the side of the goal posts supporters behind the sticks even seen that he grounded the ball yeg the ref said he was held up.

Rochdale Mayfield play on the same ground in the NCL

Archived