A League exile writes.

I've moved away from the "heartlands"  and I probably won't be back.  It's very sad.  But there you go.  Because of the freeze on completions I've in temporary rented accommodation on the fringes.   But once things sort themselves out I'll be off to deepest darkest Lincolnshire.  Hopefully I'll get to the occasional Fev game.  (if there are ever any more)  But that's it I'm afraid. An Exile! ?

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Is Lincolnshire, by that I mean the northern part of the county, actually that far from Fev? 

Not at the moment, but once the freeze on completions is removed I'm off to deepest darkest Kesteven

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

So your neighbours petition worked then.... 

You don't know the half.  Our neighbours stopped speaking to us because we'd sold to Asians.  If they wanted to decide who lives there, they should have bought ity.

Clement Attlee.

49 minutes ago, Trojan said:

You don't know the half.  Our neighbours stopped speaking to us because we'd sold to Asians.  If they wanted to decide who lives there, they should have bought ity.

The irony is all your neighbours are also Asians...

2 hours ago, Trojan said:

Not at the moment, but once the freeze on completions is removed I'm off to deepest darkest Kesteven

Sounds like a great opportunity to get involved with a grassroots club!  Boston Buccaneers for example?  https://www.facebook.com/Bostonbuccaneers/

They may not be your nearest club, but at a quick glance of the map and with my limited knowledge, it was the first one that came to mind.

50 minutes ago, langpark said:

Sounds like a great opportunity to get involved with a grassroots club!  Boston Buccaneers for example?  https://www.facebook.com/Bostonbuccaneers/

They may not be your nearest club, but at a quick glance of the map and with my limited knowledge, it was the first one that came to mind.

Or go full Koukash and dream up your own expansion ideas. Lincolnshire Lions, they’ll be in League 1 come 2021 

I still get Lincolnshire and East Yorks TV and there's plenty of RL on there.  So it's not as if the residents of this county are unfamiliar with RL.  But they don't seem interested in a pro team in Scunthorpe of Grimsby.

Clement Attlee.

10 hours ago, Trojan said:

I still get Lincolnshire and East Yorks TV and there's plenty of RL on there.  So it's not as if the residents of this county are unfamiliar with RL.  But they don't seem interested in a pro team in Scunthorpe of Grimsby.

My Father in Law lives on the front in Skegness.He supports Wigan and Bolton although he only catches a couple of live games a season.

15 hours ago, Trojan said:

Our neighbours stopped speaking to us because we'd sold to Asians. 

“They’re too lazy. I don’t like them,” he said. “They’re just a mob of crooks, that’s all they are.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/blogs/tim-blair/fake-bigotry-condemned-in-the-80s-real-bigotry-fine-in-2018/news-story/d221f2199846e0a34154c56fbe9691c5

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

15 hours ago, Trojan said:

14 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Welcome to Lincolnshire, Trojan. Your move is understandable: predominantly Brexit, predominantly Conservative. You'll soon feel at home.???

Welcome to Kesteven. It's actually a very nice place, but definitely Bradford Bulls territory. 

There's lots of upsides to living here, aside from the idiot politics of the locals. 

People called Romans they go the house

17 hours ago, Trojan said:

deepest darkest Lincolnshire

I've always found Lincolnshire to be a bit like rural Cheshire.   Pleasant farming country that's relatively benign in terms of severe weather etc.  In fact probably does a bit better for sunshine as it's on the eastern plains.

All you need is the ability to convince your local pub landlord to show the RL and you will have quite a nice quiet life out there.   I used to know a guy who ran the family garden centre a few miles inland from Skegness and it was a beautiful part of the world IMO (inland not Skegness).

I was trying to work out if I'd been an exile for 7/8 of my life or not. The answer was pretty much yeah!

It may even be a greater proportion but even being stuck inside won't make me that kind of nerd.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

2 hours ago, Celt said:

Sounds like a lovely place!  Which town was that?

Dewsbury, ten minutes walk from the Rams Stadium

Clement Attlee.

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Welcome to Lincolnshire, Trojan. Your move is understandable: predominantly Brexit, predominantly Conservative. You'll soon feel at home.???

I'll stand out like a sore thumb.  But we've moved so that my son in law, who is her main carer, can get some respite from looking after a 6(nearly 7 ) year old who can't walk, can't talk, can only see a little and is incontinent.  Having said all that she is a delightful little girl, and we love her madly.

Clement Attlee.

2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

From memory, Newark to Wakefield on the train isn’t that far. It becomes a bit of a ballache from their via a train, unless there’s a bus between Wakefield and Fev. 

Newark to Wakefield is pretty quick, about 40 minutes I think, but Newark will be 30 minutes drive from where we are, and Fev is another 20 minutes or so from Wakey.   I supported Wakey in my youth, when I didn't know any better, I switched to Fev 40 years ago, and despite the gap in fortunes between the two clubs, have never regretted it.  Fev is a homespun, homely club, and makes anyone welcome.  My lad, if anything is more committed than I am.  I took him to his first game when he was about 6.  In 1983 I thought he was too young for Wembley and promised I'd take him next time...….watch this space ?

Clement Attlee.

32 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I'll stand out like a sore thumb.  But we've moved so that my son in law, who is her main carer, can get some respite from looking after a 6(nearly 7 ) year old who can't walk, can't talk, can only see a little and is incontinent.  Having said all that she is a delightful little girl, and we love her madly.

Sounds like a really important move, I hope it goes well for you.  If the new set up does work out, maybe you'll be allowed out of Lincolnshire occasionally to watch RL on good behaviour.

11 minutes ago, themainbrace said:

Sounds like a really important move, I hope it goes well for you.  If the new set up does work out, maybe you'll be allowed out of Lincolnshire occasionally to watch RL on good behaviour.

As anyone who posts on here will tell you, I'm always well behaved ?

Clement Attlee.

17 hours ago, langpark said:

Or Yaddlethorpe Yellowbellies?

Archived