Worst dogs over years.

9' oller

Been a few howlers over years bit of fun from barra forum. Who gets in your 13. Subjective and AGAIN in jest. No explanation required but error count/ didn't deliver or rarely performed.

Pat Johnstone, bolu fagborn, dale cardoza, alex muff, saquib murtaza, Tom hemmingway, alex brown, patterson, Simon Jackson, leatherbarrow, ainscough, ian marsh, Craig booth

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Agreed there Silverback. Alex Brown,waster? 2 winning tries in NRC, played his best rugby with us, not a brilliant tackler admitred but always a great returner of the ball and garden to knock down.

You seriously can't have Alex Brown in this thread, just go back and watch some of his runs, tries etc. OK he wasn't quite good enough at SL but he got a shot at it... something many of our better players never got!! And he won us the only trophy in the modern era. I'd have him in our top five wingers since 2000

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

21 hours ago, 9' oller said:

Been a few howlers over years bit of fun from barra forum. Who gets in your 13. Subjective and AGAIN in jest. No explanation required but error count/ didn't deliver or rarely performed.

Pat Johnstone, bolu fagborn, dale cardoza, alex muff, saquib murtaza, Tom hemmingway, alex brown, patterson, Simon Jackson, leatherbarrow, ainscough, ian marsh, Craig booth

Pat Johnstone?? Remind me ?? 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Pat foulstone sorry. Celtic product. For a full back he wasn't accomplished at fielding up and unders

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

3 hours ago, phildog said:

Agreed there Silverback. Alex Brown,waster? 2 winning tries in NRC, played his best rugby with us, not a brilliant tackler admitred but always a great returner of the ball and garden to knock down.

I really think after his outjump of ainscough from moores kick v widnes he was gifted the keys to the town hall!

I've enjoyed a few of his finishes and he was of the hard running 15st wing category but defensively and positionally?????!!!!! 

Ainscough and brown on the same edge would be an attacking wet dream. Overlap after overlap.

Plus the amount of times we "welcomed" him back wrieked of desperation.

That's the beauty of player value. Some folk rate personnel on one moment of brilliance and overlook multiple penalties given away and missed tackles not to mention months on physio bench!!!!

Whos the next brev? A sidenote would linners of been punted into super league if he fielded kicks on full rather than the bounce?

9 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

Pat foulstone sorry. Celtic product. For a full back he wasn't accomplished at fielding up and unders

He came on trial for 3 games didn't  sign wasn't bad actually... better than some players we've had since 

Not many players can say they've scored for batley at Castleford 

Clearly most of you weren't watching in the 70's (or 60's even).

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

30 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Clearly most of you weren't watching in the 70's (or 60's even).

True. I started watching with my dad as a really young lad in the late 60"s. For roughly the first 25 years of me watching them, we were frankly, not good. 

Took an eternity to shift our "garbage" tag. Our recent big days and rare wins over the top 4 certainly helped

8 hours ago, distantdog said:

True. I started watching with my dad as a really young lad in the late 60"s. For roughly the first 25 years of me watching them, we were frankly, not good. 

That is a credit to your loyalty DD. It's easy to follow a winning side, not so a losing one, as all of in the HW district know all too well.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, toffeedog said:

Darren moxson at fullback what a terrible decision that was. Great centre and ended up at prop but was never a fullback

But didn't Wardy play him at centre after he came to us fron Bradford Northern as a fullback?

and in doing so scored 20+ tries for us one season?.....?

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

anyway how about Richard Picksley?

winger from Sheffield Eagles signed during the Peter Regan era?

touted as having pace and try scoring ability.....one of Trevor Hobsons ill fated signings...

or Darren Appleby who was heralded as Glen Tomlinson's replacement and couldnt oust an ageing John Stainburn from the the team.......

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Super league class,well that’s what he tells people that are willing to listen.

he used to reckon john kear were on speedile asking for his advice on squad when he were at wakey..lol. real impotent fella.

r

2 hours ago, il cattivo said:

But didn't Wardy play him at centre after he came to us fron Bradford Northern as a fullback?

and in doing so scored 20+ tries for us one season?.....?

He was decent at full back too, 

wardy had knowledge of players such as Moxon, Irvine and Middleton who all joined in swaps or transfer fee's that wouldn't happen now in the game 

Appleby joined for keighley on big money at the time same with picksley  and Richard price who was only one was turned out a good buy

steve Barnett, Abraham Phillips and Bob Grant  

Not really  a fan of this thread. Yes, we've had players who never lived up to our hopes but I still think we should be applauding them all for putting a shift in at one of the toughest sports in the world and a sport that hardly makes any of them rich. I played but only until the age of 13 or so (a long time ago) and I have nothing but admiration for guys who go out in all weathers and put their bodies on the line for our entertainment. They are all heroes.

23 hours ago, phildog said:

Next Brev? What's that about? Surely can't be suggesting him as a waste?

Brev as in irreplaceable. Has an off colour game 1 in 20.

One bloke you would pretty much want to go round again till he was on one leg!

Bromley I've liked your comment wholeheartedly agree.

Something different to starting 17 or best fb we've had or most niggly forward etc

Archived