Games (video, cards, board etc)

On 12/04/2020 at 18:44, Futtocks said:

Some friends of my sister used to run a games shop. It seems that Germany is where a lot of the new board games originate, and some of them are really imaginative.

I got one for my mother called Ticket to Ride. It's really imaginative and once you get your head round the fact that dice aren't used great fun

• 4 weeks later...

6 hours ago, Copa said:

I’ve been enjoying the board game Survive: Escape from Atlantis lately.

It’s quite cathartic to drown the opposition and feed them to sharks!

When I was a kid we used to have an old version of Escape From Atlantis. It was a great game.

There is a board game cafe that we go to in Liverpool and there are loads of games that I want to try out like Carcassone and Pandemic but no one else wants to play them  as they say that they look too complicated.

On 06/05/2020 at 17:07, Liverpool Rover said:

When I was a kid we used to have an old version of Escape From Atlantis. It was a great game.

There is a board game cafe that we go to in Liverpool and there are loads of games that I want to try out like Carcassone and Pandemic but no one else wants to play them  as they say that they look too complicated.

My dad is really into his board games so I get dragged along with him.  I've not played Pandemic but Carcassonne is really good. 

Other games that don't use dice like Ticket to Ride are K2 and Flamme Rouge. For those that don't have company in lockdown there is a website called board game arena. You can play for free but can't set up games, can only join them. The premium account is something like a couple of quid a month and is well worth it if you spend any amount of time on it or want to play against friends. There are rules are videos about how to play games if you want to learn new ones. 

17 hours ago, glossop saint said:

My dad is really into his board games so I get dragged along with him.  I've not played Pandemic but Carcassonne is really good. 

Other games that don't use dice like Ticket to Ride are K2 and Flamme Rouge. For those that don't have company in lockdown there is a website called board game arena. You can play for free but can't set up games, can only join them. The premium account is something like a couple of quid a month and is well worth it if you spend any amount of time on it or want to play against friends. There are rules are videos about how to play games if you want to learn new ones. 

Carcassonne is one I would like to try but nobody else wants to try it.

On 08/05/2020 at 15:50, glossop saint said:

I’ve been keen to try K2 for quite a while but have never had a chance. It looks fun.

Boardspace.net also has a heap of games. Most of them also have bot opponents so you don’t have to wait for a human to join in. It’s also free to play.

What is it like if you reach the inner rim? ?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

On 10/04/2020 at 15:04, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I've just about landed in Beijing. One of the worst landings I have ever done on this game (and I've done thousands), don't know what I did wrong or if the game just glitched but descending to the runway and for some reason the game just would not let me slow down so had a pretty brutal crash landing. I closed the game, restarted, took off from Beijing, flew a few miles, turned and landed again without any problem so I'm thinking it had glitched. Its really frustrating when you spend a few hours on a perfect flight and then it goes wrong in the last few seconds!

Anyway, when I've stopped swearing and tearing my feathers out its onto Tokyo tomorrow and then Midway, Honolulu and LA. I was going to go from Ulaan Bataar to Magadan and onto Anchorage to get into North America but figure the Pacific crossing is more interesting. And then across North America and the Atlantic and eventually back into Humberside to complete my latest trip around the world. ?

Alright, I've got back to this journey after a few weeks away from it. Been flying round the British Isles in a small prop in the meantime. So two days ago I flew from Beijing Capital to Tokyo Haneda in a Leerjet. Yesterday I flew from Tokyo to Wake Island in a Bombardier CRJ 700, landed basically on fumes, refuelled and continued on to Midway. Today I've flown in the Leerjet again from Midway to Honolulu. 

Tomorrow I will be tackling one of the most boring parts of the round the world flight and flying from Honolulu to LA. Gonna do it in a 747.

Archived