80's Lions

Bleep1673

jeez there were some great Players, many of whom have been forgotten, I grew up watching the Lions in the late 70's, early to mid 80's, and they had the best players I've ever seen, the Premiership 2 Final in 1987 was the best game of Rugby LEAGUE, outside of an International, that I have ever saw, that day   changed my life. The only other day that was exceptional, was when we beat Salford at The Willows in the JP 1/4 final 0-6, I lived 300m from Weaste Lane, and ran all the way home, cheering my head off, Great matches.

https://swintonlionsrlfc.co.uk/swinton-lions-greatest-team/swinton-lions-greatest-team-the-80s/

• 3 weeks later...

On youtube there is the full game of Hull vs Swinton on the 21st January 1988 - the Swintom team with the likes of Tommy Frodsham, Paul Topping, Derek Bate, Gary Ainsworth, Scott Ransom, et al stunned the Hull crowd with a tremendous win.

I do think we were lucky to see so many young talented players at Swinton in the 80's - I agree with Lion heart's comments wholeheartedly.

Archived