What impact ?

Following our enforced shutdown what are people's views on the impact this will have on the community game at open age level ?

1 could it be be it that players can't wait to get back on the training and playing fields.

2 players and officials want to enjoy their free time to spend with families who they have been isolated from for so long. ?  I  personally can't wait to take my grandkids out.

3 worse case scenario clubs can't  recover from the financial impact on them .

Know this is boring and far more things involved but this boarrd is very quiet recently. !!!!!!

I think the NCL will be ok because clubs find a lot of their own funding except for referees and travel which I think is still funded by the RFL? ONE or 2 Clubs might go under but nothing drastic I hope.It will be interesting to see how much the RFL helps out the Amateur game financially remembering that is where most Super League players start? I cannot wait to take my Grandkids out as well Chisholm!

10 hours ago, neutralfan said:

I think the NCL will be ok because clubs find a lot of their own funding except for referees and travel which I think is still funded by the RFL? ONE or 2 Clubs might go under but nothing drastic I hope.It will be interesting to see how much the RFL helps out the Amateur game financially remembering that is where most Super League players start? I cannot wait to take my Grandkids out as well Chisholm!

This year the club have to pay for both the referees and travel.

I’d say scrap the season, same divisions next year.

when we do start back play local games for the rest of the season, hopefully bring some big crowds in with plenty of local derbies. 

maybe reintroduce the Conference Challenge Trophy for all 49 teams so there is a piece of silverware on offer at the end of the season

extra preliminary round - 2 sides drawn out, winner joins other 47 NCL clubs in next round 

preliminary round - 32 sides drawn out, 16 clubs get byes into round 1

round 1 - round of 32

round 2 - last 16

quarter final

semi final 

final 

On 09/04/2020 at 23:46, leighminers said:

I’d say scrap the season, same divisions next year.

when we do start back play local games for the rest of the season, hopefully bring some big crowds in with plenty of local derbies. 

maybe reintroduce the Conference Challenge Trophy for all 49 teams so there is a piece of silverware on offer at the end of the season

extra preliminary round - 2 sides drawn out, winner joins other 47 NCL clubs in next round 

preliminary round - 32 sides drawn out, 16 clubs get byes into round 1

round 1 - round of 32

round 2 - last 16

quarter final

semi final 

final 

What if your knocked out in round one?

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

2 hours ago, Marauder said:

What if your knocked out in round one?

Your out of cup ?

Not sure what will happen but I’d be surprised if the full season gets played, as long as teams are playing every week when we do start back and are making a bit of money on the gate & behind the bar that can only be a good thing after what’s gone on.

Also the issue of players who have suffered financial hardship during this period of lockdown to consider.

Will they put their financial situation first and Chase every hour of overtime ?

What about all he key workers who have worked tirelessly to get us through this.. The first thing they will all want and need is a well deserved break to go on holiday or simply spend time with their loved ones.

So many talking pointsand things to think about to get us back to some sort of normality.

Again just disscusion points for us all to think about. 

Stay safe everyone. 

23 hours ago, leighminers said:

Your out of cup ?

Not sure what will happen but I’d be surprised if the full season gets played, as long as teams are playing every week when we do start back and are making a bit of money on the gate & behind the bar that can only be a good thing after what’s gone on.

Smaller divisions to give the number of games to fit into how many weeks are left in the season, or even run a short season like the one before going into summer 

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

2 hours ago, Marauder said:

Smaller divisions to give the number of games to fit into how many weeks are left in the season, or even run a short season like the one before going into summer 

agree, depending on time left in season, small divisions of 6, play H & A if poss, but 5 games if only a few weeks available. play offs for all teams, for championship/plate/bowl so all get extra games. no P & R though on a poss 5 game season. cant see season getting up & running till june at earliest. if so, fixtures could continue so all play each other once. P & R decided by clubs before restart! otherwise we'll get the west ham idea, positions stay as they are, bottom 3 go down, west ham out of bottom 3 on goal difference! bit of ###### on the fire, my toast is done!

I think they discussed a few ideas that had been put forward. Think the general consensus was to look at some form of regionalisation to keep travel to a minimum and boost attendances and much needed revenue for clubs that are going to be struggling financially.

Obviously a lot will depend on if and when the green light to resume comes and how the lockdown restrictions are lifted. I’m sure clubs will be consulted before any final decision is made but with so many unknowns it difficult to get anything concrete in place.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

9 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Whilst regionalised games seems the way to go, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few teams struggle if the league clashes with the Union season.

I also think teams will struggle when, for example Wath Brow, a prem team play a fellow Cumbrian team, Askam,a division 3 team who are currently bottom. Especially if it's 4 or 5 games in, brow are top unbeaten,in the Cumbrian region,and Askam haven't won a game. All theoretical, may not happen between these 2 teams, but regionalising isn't all as rosy as first thoughts can be, especially when teams are up against it player standards wise.

This is where the ncl needs to be careful in the splitting up of leagues, top v bottom can be a very big gap in standards, and players, once getting beat regularly will be reluctant to play, no matter what the derby situation is.

30 minutes ago, usain bolt said:

I also think teams will struggle when, for example Wath Brow, a prem team play a fellow Cumbrian team, Askam,a division 3 team who are currently bottom. Especially if it's 4 or 5 games in, brow are top unbeaten,in the Cumbrian region,and Askam haven't won a game. All theoretical, may not happen between these 2 teams, but regionalising isn't all as rosy as first thoughts can be, especially when teams are up against it player standards wise.

This is where the ncl needs to be careful in the splitting up of leagues, top v bottom can be a very big gap in standards, and players, once getting beat regularly will be reluctant to play, no matter what the derby situation is.

Exactly! Well said mate ?

Archived