Toulouse Olympique

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Why not? 

2 or 3 days you can visit, Carcassonne, Narbonne, Perpignan or visit the Cathars castles via Limoux & Quillan or add in the Gorges de Galamus and stay is St.Paul.

Check which amateur clubs are playing - Carca, Les Sangliers, Limoux and watch an amateur game, then back for Cassoullet at Castlenaudary.

The other option is follow the English trend of staying in the 1st bar you see and stay there.

Sounds lovely, but there's no expectation that anyone other than the two clubs fans should attend anyhow. Don't think many saints fans travel to watch Leeds v Salford.

One of the fixtures I was most looking forward to this year was Leeds v Catalans in Toulouse as a double header with London and TO. Hopefully we see something similar when the season resumes.

Also, if and when we reach a situation where Ottawa, Toronto, Toulouse and Catalans are in the same division, perhaps the logistical opportunity to "tour" arises. Which could be fun and worthwhile for fans and players alike.

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Sounds lovely, but there's no expectation that anyone other than the two clubs fans should attend anyhow. Don't think many saints fans travel to watch Leeds v Salford.

One of the fixtures I was most looking forward to this year was Leeds v Catalans in Toulouse as a double header with London and TO. Hopefully we see something similar when the season resumes.

Exactly.  There would only ever be a select few.  But your suggestion is the type of event we need in the future Tom.

There also could be a delay between the 2 countries announcing  that their teams are safe to play.

14 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Also, if and when we reach a situation where Ottawa, Toronto, Toulouse and Catalans are in the same division, perhaps the logistical opportunity to "tour" arises. Which could be fun and worthwhile for fans and players alike

NY ?

Just sayin'

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Just now, Tommygilf said:

They've been excellent clashes recently haha!

You either like the game or you don't, you just like your team. That would explain why so many are against so much good stuff on here though.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Just now, SL17 said:

Does fun make money? It’s like oh look another holiday. Are you looking at expanding the game or taking commission on tours?

Have you ever heard of the champions league or the Heineken cup? Or better, been on an away trip to one of those fixtures?

People do tend to want to do and be involved in fun things so yeah I'd say fun makes money. 

Every team I've ever been involved in or seen that have been on a tour have spoken endlessly about the positives of it, the games played aside often. 

For fans it could be a lovely week away.

4 minutes ago, Oxford said:

NY ?

Just sayin'

Them too if it comes about!

3 minutes ago, Oxford said:

You either like the game or you don't, you just like your team. That would explain why so many are against so much good stuff on here though.

Yeah I must admit you do get that sense. I'm fortunate enough that the team I grew up supporting is one of if not the largest rugby club of either code in the country, so that dilemma is less so for me. I also went to high school in Wakefield and do on occasion go to trin matches (went to Trin v Hull this year) and wish them well, but they aren't "my team" so to speak. 

Own club vs the greater good of the game is understandable in the short term but seems shortsighted going forwards.

19 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Are they ever going to make Super League?  Are they actually bothered?

This year, despite the season curtailment, they’re unbeaten.  Now TWP are out of the Champs they have a real shot at SL but we’ve witnessed a slightly stronger squad (TWP) falter in SL.  Their current squad would go the same way.

I would like to see some urgency.  Some chest beating in the press.  I don’t see it, yet promotion (however this or next year turns out) could make for some great viewing v Catalans.  It would seem an obvious (to me) Canal TV regular slot in the year.  

What does everyone else think.  

Fans of Leigh, Featherstone, London, Bradford amongst other's being those who attend to watch their clubs live games as opposed to TV audiences will be hopeful that their team gains promotion before Toulouse.

21 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Have you ever heard of the champions league or the Heineken cup? Or better, been on an away trip to one of those fixtures?

People do tend to want to do and be involved in fun things so yeah I'd say fun makes money. 

Every team I've ever been involved in or seen that have been on a tour have spoken endlessly about the positives of it, the games played aside often. 

For fans it could be a lovely week away.

I suspect he has little concept of any of those points you posted.

52 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

The other option is follow the English trend of staying in the 1st bar you see and stay there.

Or the other option for some is not to venture outside of their postcode but continue to slag off the game whilst sat at their computer whilst mummy makes them some warm milk before bedtime!

34 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

I suspect he has little concept of any of those points you posted.

Just maybe he doesn't have much time for football or union, I for one couldn't be paid to attend those games, my opinion of course.

32 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Maybe when Leigh play Toulouse next he should go by Disneyland

Tut tut Tommy, a bit of a low blow comment I wouldn't have thought the like would have come from you.

Edit. Is the lockdown getting to you?

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Just maybe he doesn't have much time for football or union, I for one couldn't be paid to attend those games, my opinion of course.

Tut tut Tommy, a bit of a low blow comment I wouldn't have thought the like would have come from you.

To be fair Harry SL17 just seriously asked "does fun make money?"

Considering we and all professional sports are in the industry of "fun" I'd have thought that would have been an obviously silly question to everyone. Disneyland is just another example of how people spend money on enjoyable things, which a week following your team abroad generally is.

34 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Or the other option for some is not to venture outside of their postcode but continue to slag off the game whilst sat at their computer whilst mummy makes them some warm milk before bedtime!

Yep, there are many posters that have no practical experience to lend on in the coments that they make.

29 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Disney would have to build one on Hilton Park for that to happen.

Why? Are you suggesting that SL does not travel to watch his team, I don't know whether he does or not, do you.

PS there is a new £40M NHS Mental Health Facility on the site of the old Hilton Park, shouldn't imagine it will be demolished very soon to build a Disney Park.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Why? Are you suggesting that SL does not travel to watch his team, I don't know whether he does or not, do you.

PS there is a new £40M NHS Mental Health Facility on the site of the old Hilton Park, shouldn't imagine it will be demolished very soon to build a Disney Park.

I’m sure the fear of change dept has a long waiting list.

5 hours ago, HarrogateKnights said:

If you are prepared to drive to Stansted you can easily pick up a Ryanair return flight for under £40 to Toulouse flying at 7:30am returning the same day at 11pm on a Saturday, we have done it a couple of times and makes for a good long day. There are plenty of cheap options available for to stay for the weekend option too. Always a highlight in the season calendar, I love the club too. 

No thanks , flew from Stansted once , never again ,###### end of the UK 

4 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Really haven't got a clue what your on about,but then again that's nothing new given the amount of drink fuelled incoherent rants you post.

No need Dave , you have shown you can be better than that 

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

To be fair Harry SL17 just seriously asked "does fun make money?"

Considering we and all professional sports are in the industry of "fun" I'd have thought that would have been an obviously silly question to everyone. Disneyland is just another example of how people spend money on enjoyable things, which a week following your team abroad generally is.

To those who can afford it Tommy , many can't spend essentially thousands following their teams Internationally , better they spend similar money taking their whole family 3 miles down the rd to follow their local club every other week 

Which option contributes the most to ' the sport ' ?

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Disney would have to build one on Hilton Park for that to happen.

You are going back down again my friend , pathetic , no actual contribution for pages , just childish insults , don't you have a Facebook account you can go onto to insult people ?

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Possibly sitting in front of the TV collectivly paying their subscription, but that does nothing for the atmosphere of those who attend.

Indeed , as I've posted on the various ' when are we starting again , if it's not by May the game of RL will die forever ' threads 

The sum total of a pro sports club are it's supporters , not it's players , not it's coaches , not it's CEOs , not it's owners , the only reason pro sports clubs exist is because of its fans , as long as those fans exist , then so will the club 

Archived