Toulouse Olympique

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

People argue that things should be decided on the field but then also in favour of rules that affect what goes on the field, and those rules will never effect all clubs equally. 

That is just about the daftest thing you have ever said, is it not up to the Club and Coaches to procure the best player's it can to perform within those rules. 

It works the other way around that rules are altered when they are exploited by player's, e.g. Alex  Murphy continually kicking the ball dead when the defending team had to drop out back to attacking team, and Ellery Hanley continually keeping his hand on the ball of a tackled player holding up the play the ball, both exceptionally very good player's and played within the rules but it was recognised that those rules that allowed this type of thing were not good for the game, so they were amended. 

Just now, scotchy1 said:

Rules around things like the salary cap do not affect all clubs equally. Its moronic to pretend they do. 

Agreed, but if you want just a few clubs challenging for honours even moreso than it presently is and has been since SL came into being then open up the cap, it will also get rid of those clubs you state "earn their SL funding" and they can transfer all their players to Toronto and Ottowa and New York and Tolouse so they can have their SL status but will still not compete for the prizes. 

7 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Id just promote Toulouse and London (on the basis they put down roots somewhere)

Is the London proviso, before you promore them or after, a bit like the basis that Cas, Wakey and Salford were initially given a licence that they improve their stadia or move or they were out!  and we all know that two of those are still in the same stadia.

51 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

That would exclude the North American excersize in your deliberations then Paul?

Hi Harry I don't think anywhere should be excluded however personally (I would like to be proved wrong) I don't see any SL players coming from NA for the foreseeable future.

Outside of the heartlands for me its London/North East/France and also I think we should really assist developing nations in Eastern Europe as plenty of raw potential talent there.

Paul

I really cannot comment on Ottawa and NY as I have no idea what the plans are but based on what I have seen at the TW (4th season and no notable local talent) If it was to happen its easier in the lower leagues?

I stick by my opinion that outside of the heartlands London/North East/France and Eastern Europe are our best best  bet for increasing the player pool for now.

Paul

5 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

I havent argued to scrap any club. 

As you are so fond of lying and making things up. Why dont you go get a job at The Sun instead of doing it for free on the internet?

You have done exactly that. You want to kick teams out of SL because they’re not glamorous enough for you and you want to make it a closed shop and thus kill off championship and league one clubs. 

1 minute ago, scotchy1 said:

I dont think NA is going to add huge numbers to the player pool for the next few years at least.

I think the heartlands are largely exhausted, not sure there is a lot left to take out. 

Northeast, France, London are the obvious areas that can increase. Id also say that in the Crusaders short existence they proved there is plenty of talent in Wales to tap in to. 

I think Ireland as well

What are you doing about this then Scotchy. Are you doing anything to grow Rugby League?

52 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Hi Harry I don't think anywhere should be excluded however personally (I would like to be proved wrong) I don't see any SL players coming from NA for the foreseeable future.

Outside of the heartlands for me its London/North East/France and also I think we should really assist developing nations in Eastern Europe as plenty of raw potential talent there.

Paul

Hi Paul thanks for the reply, I have said repeatedly North America will  not in the next 50 years produce SL players any quantity, the expansion excersize in that part of the world is more people watching, it will be a very long time before it is expanded in participants playing the sport.

London is an enigma it has proven the area can produce player's but does the public want a SL team the evidence by the support it attracts is negative, and watch the drying up of the talent the area produces, now that they have no development officers, The North East has yet to prove itself and I really hope it can do, France albeit it has an infrastructure has a very lot of work to do domestically, both their clubs in our leagues are reliant on overseas players to make up their numbers if they amalgamated both team's with French lads they would be barely competitive in SL, but I would much prefer empasis be put in France than across the Atlantic, France is presently with its infrastructure 30 - 35 years ahead of North America, it has the ingredients on the table to make a gourmet dish, America as not even done the shopping yet. Eastern Europe how do you suggest they are assisted? 

40 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

I dont think NA is going to add huge numbers to the player pool for the next few years at least.

I think the heartlands are largely exhausted, not sure there is a lot left to take out. 

Northeast, France, London are the obvious areas that can increase. Id also say that in the Crusaders short existence they proved there is plenty of talent in Wales to tap in to. 

I think Ireland as well

Crusaders had more overseas players than enough, and most of them were here on dodgy Student visas! What a basket case they were.

19 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hi Davo5, please give us your theory don't just put your ysual emoji response please share your thoughts.

I did think about it but decided to walk down the road with the dog and do laps of the roundabout,both activities wouldn't get me anywhere but at least with the latter the dog got to have a sh##e.

Enjoy your day I'm off to the garden to enjoy the sunny weather.

4 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

I did think about it but decided to walk down the road with the dog and do laps of the roundabout,both activities wouldn't get me anywhere but at least with the latter the dog got to have a sh##e.

Enjoy your day I'm off to the garden to enjoy the sunny weather.

Fair enough, I will read into that you don't have any input to give.

Personally you can keep your dog, I am not inviting anything into my house that does not have the ability to wipe it's own R'se.

Archived