• Last Reply
8 hours ago, Vambo said:

Colne

Burnley

Oswaldtwistle

Blackburn 

Darwen

Blackburn (again)

Oswaldtwistle (also again... been here for the last 31 years and have no desire to live anywhere else.)

The Hyndburn Riviera. Eventually, you'll achieve  a life of luxury  in Accrington and a holiday home in Rawtenstall.

?

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

11 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Fantastic waves there, aren't there.

Just thought; did you go to Atlantic College?

Aye, Llantwit is decent. And it's a good question about Atlantic College, but, no, I didn't.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

10 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Bellenaves, France

About half n hour from Vichy?

Nice part of the world that. I was thereabouts last year. 

I'm too old with too many attachments here to move now. But I do wished I'd taken an opportunity to live in france when I had an opportunity thirty years ago.

15 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

About half n hour from Vichy?

Nice part of the world that. I was thereabouts last year. 

I'm too old with too many attachments here to move now. But I do wished I'd taken an opportunity to live in france when I had an opportunity thirty years ago.

Yes indeed. We lived there in splendid isolation for 6 years. Joined the Rotary in nearby Gannat,  still have strong links with Vichy.

To some extent. Collectively, the family prefers we live in the UK. 

Geneva was the best place for me apart from where we live now,  but wife didnt't settle so personal circumstances dictated a return to uk.

Cwmavon

Garndiffaith

Bradford

Two work placements: Oxford 8 months & Accrington 6 months.

Including student meanderings, I have lived at 9 addresses in Bradford. Britain's greatest city and most useless council.

Been in my current house for 28 years.

Feels like everywhere...

Born in Billinge. So: St Helens - Newcastle upon Tyne - Hemsby - Lowestoft - Torrella de Montgri (Costa Brava) - Tiana (Barcelona) - Bembridge (Isle of Wight) - Trapani (Sicily) - Tarragona (Catalunya) - Cadiz (Andalucia) - Las Palmas (Gran Canaria) - Camberley - Harrogate x 2 - Catterick - Llantwit Major (Wales) - Northwood - Shrivenham (Swindon) - Henlow - Aylesbury - Peterborough...

Extended breaks in...

Helmand (Afghanistan) - Falkland Islands - Sala’lah x 3 (Oman) - Nanyuki (Kenya) - Pristina (Kosovo) 

Probably missed a couple somewhere in that list...

1 hour ago, Damien said:

I have to day I'm quite jealous of some of the places that people have lived. Others not as much so ?

Is it because I have lived in St Helens?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

13 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Bedfordshire must have been the highlight 

It is no St Helens, but it was up there.

I was a little too  close to Hertfordshire unfortunately.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

4 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Is it because I have lived in St Helens?

I have to say it was the one stand out on your list but see my second sentence as to why. See my first sentence for the rest though, I'm certainly jealous of those ?

I lived all my life in and around Morley.  In 2013 I moved to Dewsbury and thought that my next move would be in a wooden box.  But fate decreed otherwise, my daughter who had lived at Larkhill, moved to Lincolnshire and they asked us to move closer to them.  However because of the Corona virus, and a death there's been a hiatus.  We've sold our Dewsbury property, but the Lincolnshire property has gone into probate, so here we are next to the Trent in Burringham.  Where there's only one shop - a chippy and it's closed.   All my adult life I've dreamt of living next door to a pub.  Now I do and it's closed!  Hey ho!  

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

21 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Bedfordshire must have been the highlight 

i lived briefly in Cople and then Bedford.  The River Great Ouse at Bedford embankment is a delight. 

I live less than 700 yards from the house into which I was born in Brentwood in Essex (albeit that until lockdown during the week I stay in a village called Old Newton which is just outside Stowmarket as I work in Ipswich. The A12 is just about tolerable twice a week not twice a day). 

Been in Brentwood 45 of my 50 years, but had a five year period in my early 20s when I lived in Utrecht, Springfield (not the Simpsons ' home town but a village outside Cupar in the Kingdom of Fife), Regensburg, Roth (a town near Nurnberg) and Bournemouth. After that craziness I have been back in the town described in the 80s by the Telegraph as the dullest in the UK for the last 25 years. Thinking I have to move to Ipswich or thereabouts now before total inertia sets in. I do, however, spend about a month a year in my wife's home town of Phetchabun in Thailand and that's where I would like to end up

Featherstone, Sunderland, Leeds, Wakefield, Normanton, Castleford, Wood Green, Balham, Sydney, Islington, Southwark, New York!

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

13 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Featherstone, Sunderland, Leeds, Wakefield, Normanton, Castleford, Wood Green, Balham, Sydney, Islington, Southwark, New York!

All downhill after Castleford, then.

?

Bradford; Torrejon, Spain; Bradford; Poole; Bradford; Guelph, Ontario; Cambridge, Ontario; Brampton, Ontario.

Brampton is ridiculed as a bit of an armpit and an immigrant city, but there's some cracking curry places coming in now.  Sort of reminds me of Bradford without the riots and **** council.

58 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Only difference between Fev and NY is they have Giants Stadium, Fev have P O Road! ?

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Archived