?

That was definitely the highlight.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

5 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

Keighley, Doncaster, Halifax, Liverpool (university), Whitehaven, Distington, Hensingham, Redcar, Great Ayton, Oldfield (Ponden Valley), Silsden, Exeter, Haworth, Horbury, Leeds, Scunthorpe, York.

I lived close to Distington for 6 months, I used to drive through it while I was on placement in Workington.

The place was called 'Winder' but it didn't appear on any maps, it was basically a few farm houses on the road to the quarry.

The nearest pub was within walking distance in Frizington where I was famously punched by a girl from Cleator Moor. Dog & Duck?? can't remember, 1989 was a long time ago.

*just looked and Winder now appears on maps, woo-hoo progress.

3 hours ago, Wholly Trinity said:

I lived close to Distington for 6 months, I used to drive through it while I was on placement in Workington.

The place was called 'Winder' but it didn't appear on any maps, it was basically a few farm houses on the road to the quarry.

The nearest pub was within walking distance in Frizington where I was famously punched by a girl from Cleator Moor. Dog & Duck?? can't remember, 1989 was a long time ago.

You can't just leave it like that, come on, why were you punched by a girl in the pub? 

9 hours ago, Dave Naylor said:

Watersheddings (and other assorted Oldham locations) -> Ashton-under-Lyne -> Oldham -> Slaithwaite -> Huddersfield -> Slaithwaite -> Leeds.  I'm drifting east although I've probably stopped now ?

Leeds has always been a step too far.

?

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

4 hours ago, Wholly Trinity said:

I lived in Distington for eight months. Don't think I ever dared set foot in one of its pubs!

Worked in Whitehaven for five years. Lived in digs, on Inkerman Terrace, for the first three months. The lad doing the same, a music teacher, also in his first job after university, later bought a "needing work" mid-terrace cottage at Winder. Cost him about £20 (1987 prices). He invited me over one evening. Jeez. I bet he's still renovating it in 2020!

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

You can't just leave it like that, come on, why were you punched by a girl in the pub? 

I assumed that the explanation that she was from Cleator Moor was sufficient. 

I think she fancied me and then when it was obvious the feeling was not mutual she punched me on the chin. Either that or it's actually part of the elaborate  Cumbrian  courtship ritual. 

Actually, I was born at a nursing home in Newport. Obviously, as a Pontypool boy, it's not something I'm proud of. It's only in the Autumn of my life that I feel able to admit this in public.

Fortunately, my Mam and I went back home after a couple of days.

I still shudder when I drive past the site, nowadays the Celtic Manor golf course.

?

Okay Salford(obviously!)x3 different moments,  Bromsgrove, Leicester, Wellingborough, Northampton, Blackheath (West Mids), France x2 times, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Spain, Nigeria, Oxford, Slough and soon Reading!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Born in a hospital in Swindon 

First home was about 0.5 miles from the hospital 

Second home was about 0.5 miles from my first house. 

Third home, and current home, is about 0.25 miles from my second home. 

As I'm heading towards my 6th decade on this planet maybe I just try living outside of the square mile I've lived all my life. ?

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

19 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Born in a hospital in Swindon 

First home was about 0.5 miles from the hospital 

Second home was about 0.5 miles from my first house. 

Third home, and current home, is about 0.25 miles from my second home. 

As I'm heading towards my 6th decade on this planet maybe I just try living outside of the square mile I've lived all my life. ?

No.

I want you to look back on the last fifty years without regret rather than nothing but. Stay in Swindon, Didcot would turn your head with its glamour and you would be ruined. Yay for Swindon! ?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

33 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Nice part of the world. Avebury is fantastic

Just now, Bleep1673 said:

Where have you lived?

Usually about 35% out of my zone.

And I usually blag the s4it through it.

And I can usually wing it, and I hope my daughter has learned.

I'm thinking, & reflecting on my life. 

They say your life flashes before your eyes, before you die. How do you know this isn't the flash?

2 hours ago, Bob8 said:

No.

I want you to look back on the last fifty years without regret rather than nothing but. Stay in Swindon, Didcot would turn your head with its glamour and you would be ruined. Yay for Swindon! ?

Went to Didcot Power Station on a school trip once. Very glamorous! ?

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

12 hours ago, Bob8 said:

No.

I'm sure Swindon is lovely (at least to railway enthusiasts). 

In Swindon, I stayed in the worst (the absolute worst, by a country mile) B&B I've ever stayed in. It was called (IIRC) Roses. No choice because the Fairford (?) air show had left the town booked up. I didn't hang around for breakfast. Thirty years on, I still shudder at the memory.

On 14/04/2020 at 11:48, Oxford said:

Okay Salford(obviously!)x3 different moments,  Bromsgrove, Leicester, Wellingborough, Northampton, Blackheath (West Mids), France x2 times, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Spain, Nigeria, Oxford, Slough and soon Reading!

I forgot Germany .... Wolfsburg!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived