Cant sleep

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am same and its got to be an habit at the moment,3am almost every morning and i have to get up as i cant get back to sleep,every day seemes to be blending into one,bowl a porridge and a brew along with a couple of hours a family guy and am off until 7.

To be honest this whole scares me to death as its just an unknown for us without the medical knowledge, i can paint your car or strip your engine down no probs but my wife as to sort my medication out,

I had 4 days last week were my head felt like it were in a bucket of scalding water and i were terrified as have a bad heart,stents,and get short a breath a lot,

Try playing this.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Try playing this.

I once had a book about the shipping forecast. It told the history about the broadcast, and the names behind the areas. I do listen to it because I care for the local fishermen. 

• 2 weeks later...

my wife seems to have the knack of being able to go to sleep instantly - as soon as I climb in to bed after watching a bit of adultchannel freeview  she is snoring away and un rousable  within seconds 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

• 4 weeks later...

Can't sleep. Always been a pretty fussy sleeper, have to have my routine. Routine just slightly different tonight, put my head down about 30-40 later than usual and as a result I'm wide awake. When I am sleeping I am an incredibly deep sleeper, can sleep through just about anything. Just got to get to sleep first..... 

6 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I've given up, not gonna be sleeping tonight, 3 in the morning, gonna be getting light in just over an hour anyway. 

If I wake up and its light at all I just cant sleep again. Similarly if its remotely close to my alarm going off there's no chance of me sleeping.

one of the few transferrable skills I have from my time in the Army is an ability to sleep almost anywhere and in almost any conditions.

Other transferrable skills,  maintaining an illusion of being busy and gainfully employed whilst doing next to nothing and sniffing out a brew at 200m.

That's about it.

51 minutes ago, Shadow said:

one of the few transferrable skills I have from my time in the Army is an ability to sleep almost anywhere and in almost any conditions.

Other transferrable skills,  maintaining an illusion of being busy and gainfully employed whilst doing next to nothing and sniffing out a brew at 200m.

That's about it.

Very useful skills to have. 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I fell asleep at work once and was sacked . I thought it was harsh and have never been able to get a job as a bus driver since 

I fell asleep at work, in the Lay-Z-Boy chair management supplied, an I got disciplined for it.

Archived