Batley v Doncaster live on YouTube

Batley Bob

or that Simon Wilson isn't kicking our goals..

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

The commentator is very similar to "a cant speyk" Mick morgan

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

I was there for that game, along with a lot of other neutrals. It was a very entertaining spectacle.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

17 minutes ago, bromleybulldog said:

Gah!! I knew it. He just doesn't learn, got sent off again!!

i spoke to Sonny Whakarau a couple of years after this game and he told me the sending off had little impact on the game as far as Doncaster were concerned.

He said when Glen scored they were done...Had Wilson kicked the (relatively simple) goal to make it 7-0 they would have known the game was lost,but knowing just a coverted try would put them in the lead gave them hope and motivation to really get up the other end and give it a real go.

???  the rest is history.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Reading between the lines (I was only 13 at this fixture) rocking some 3/4 length stag/ matchwinner sleeves.

Had bally budgeted for promo. Was the year after ronnie remortaged his house to give us some breathing space. The possible promise of the big time is reflected in recruitment, expenditure and chairman loans?

Our 3 aussies wouldn't of been cheap even though glen settled with an healey lass. I bet some good offers were coming in for tommo from all quarters

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Was my first season went to 2 games that year and was hooked . My girlfriends dad took me and I had no clue of the rules but here am I still going strong .been a lot of ups and downs but still got a positive feeling when season starts again were going to have a good year 

Yes Batley Bulldogs(Gallant Youths) certainly gets into your blood, and ever since they created that beer garden it's been magical.

16 hours ago, toffeedog said:

Was my first season went to 2 games that year and was hooked . My girlfriends dad took me and I had no clue of the rules but here am I still going strong .been a lot of ups and downs but still got a positive feeling when season starts again were going to have a good year 

And are you still with the girlfriend?

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

On 19/04/2020 at 18:45, il cattivo said:

i spoke to Sonny Whakarau a couple of years after this game and he told me the sending off had little impact on the game as far as Doncaster were concerned.

He said when Glen scored they were done...Had Wilson kicked the (relatively simple) goal to make it 7-0 they would have known the game was lost,but knowing just a coverted try would put them in the lead gave them hope and motivation to really get up the other end and give it a real go.

???  the rest is history.

just watched the season's highlights on youtube and feel i must apologise for my possible over critical comment about Simon Wilson.

what a season he had (quite possibly one of the best fullbacks we've had) setting up many a try with his incursions into the back line....it was one of the inspired moves by Wardy moving him to fullback and Moxon to centre.

if someone had told me beforehand what a season we'd have,including the last game disappointment,I'd have snapped their hand off even now!

Great times.

Archived