Gary Hetherington 1 to 13

14 minutes ago, Willforminis said:

Does anyone know of any other player who has played in every position for the same club? Gary achieved this at York in the late seventies / early eighties I believe.

...and was equally good in every position I suspect.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

He applied for the Leigh coaching job in 2006 

Last I heard of him was some years back as conditioner for NZ Warriors. Must be 10 years ago at least. Fine player.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

17 hours ago, Willforminis said:

I don't know about that I honestly can't recall seeing him play, but a unique achievement nevertheless.

Could be wrong but I think he was in and out of the Leeds team when Wardy was hooker.  Sheffield, I could imagine he played a few positions in there.  Did he play for a Cumbrian side??  Don’t know of any others.

12 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Could be wrong but I think he was in and out of the Leeds team when Wardy was hooker.  Sheffield, I could imagine he played a few positions in there.  Did he play for a Cumbrian side??  Don’t know of any others.

The OP said York and I think that he also played for Fartown.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

The OP said York and I think that he also played for Fartown.

Could be.  I cannot imagine him in the outside backs or FB.  With all respect to GH, of course.  If he was, he was, but Leeds, Sheffield and one of the Cumbrian clubs I remember him.

On 18/04/2020 at 20:19, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Not every position but Liam Sutcliffe has played full back, centre, stand off, 2nd row and loose forward. 

Maybe not started there, but i'm sure i've seem him do a stint on the wing one time he was at centre and covered for an injury. Very versatile player who should get more recognition at Leeds. Just 9 and prop to go....

Archived