Favourite TV Themes

Driving through Adelaide today and the theme for Skippy was on the radio, brought back warm memories of me as a 4/5 year old jumping up and down on the settee like Skippy.

It got me thinking about my favourite  - not best ever - TV themes so here is 10 off the top of my head in no particular order.

Skippy

Match of the Day (the original)

Hawaii Five O

Six Million Dollar Man (for $6m would you rather have Steve Austin or a midfielder with two left feet from the Championship)

It’s A Knockout

Roobarb and Custard

Dads Army

Roald Dahl’s Tales of the Unexpected

Doctor Who (original version)

Bonanza

Just realised that all those programs are from my childhood or youth. 

Basically, for mine, there is this opening song and then there is every other opening credits ...

Oh, and Beiderbecke, obvs ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On another forum I belong to, we had a playoff, with nominations followed by head-to-head votes. I can't remember who the other finalist was, but 'Roobarb and Custard' won.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Basically, for mine, there is this opening song and then there is every other opening credits ...

Oh, and Beiderbecke, obvs ...

Fantastic series, I presume you know that a Big Finish production audio series has been made consisting of eight episodes,  and a second audio series to come. I've listened to them and can really recommend them.

Review of series 1 of audios.

My favourite tv themes;

Dr Who original 

Blake's 7

Mission Impossible 

The Prisoner, 

But number 1 is U.F.O.

And this a close second. 

10 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Fantastic series, I presume you know that a Big Finish production audio series has been made consisting of eight episodes,  and a second audio series to come. I've listened to them and can really recommend them.

My favourite tv themes;

Dr Who original 

Blake's 7

Mission Impossible 

The Prisoner, 

But number 1 is U.F.O.

And this a close second. 

I didn’t know about the audio series. I now do and am forever in your debt. Thanks!

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 hours ago, HawkMan said:

My favourite tv themes;

Dr Who original 

Blake's 7

Mission Impossible 

The Prisoner, 

But number 1 is U.F.O.

And this a close second. 

UFO series ...... I watched a few episodes a while back and I still could feel the same creeping fear that I had as a kid when the sound accompanying the UFO’s came on ... and I am 56 arrghhh!

Archived