On 05/05/2020 at 08:14, gingerjon said:

Naver.tv has all the streams.

So I'm up and watching Kiwoom Heroes go out to an eight-run lead over the Tigers.

And then the adverts come on between innings.

Oh my god, the adverts ...

The problem with following North American teams is the UK game times. Am I right in thinking I can watch live Korean games during the day here? Do I need to install an app for Naver.tv? What about Japanese leagues?

Also does anyone go to UK games? There's a team in Birmingham but the games always seem to clash with Coventry Bears games.

13 minutes ago, Yorks Tim said:

The problem with following North American teams is the UK game times. Am I right in thinking I can watch live Korean games during the day here? Do I need to install an app for Naver.tv? What about Japanese leagues?

Also does anyone go to UK games? There's a team in Birmingham but the games always seem to clash with Coventry Bears games.

Never.tv works off the same web site. You need to install an app for HD but SD is absolutely fine. CPBL (Taiwan) is free via twitter and twitch. I don’t think there are any free and legal streams from Japan - there’s a player you have to pay for (which I haven’t done).

Korea is a higher standard than Taiwan but Taiwan is more fun.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty happy with my preseason each way bets of the Tampa Bay Rays to win the World Series (16/1) and the San Diego Padres to win the World Series (33/1).

Of course the Dodgers are well positioned too and there’s a few of the preseason favourites finding their form now.

Elsewhere the Boston Red Sox look to have imploded this year.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref

• 4 weeks later...

And so that, after a lot of faff, is the regular season done. And we move to the Brave New World of vastly expanded play-offs.

120315305_10158199818105379_6068622183284083262_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=HDVEZjvRlv0AX-F-0pr&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=e21e84594a994b469c947d0450762aea&oe=5F96F9E1

My round 1 picks:

Tampa Bat to beat Toronto

Cleveland to beat NY

Houston to beat Minnesota

Chicago to beat Oakland

LA to smash Milwaukee into tiny pieces and dance upon them

San Diego to beat St Louis

Chicago to beat Miami

Atlanta to beat Cincinnati

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

And so that, after a lot of faff, is the regular season done. And we move to the Brave New World of vastly expanded play-offs.

120315305_10158199818105379_6068622183284083262_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=HDVEZjvRlv0AX-F-0pr&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=e21e84594a994b469c947d0450762aea&oe=5F96F9E1

My round 1 picks:

Tampa Bat to beat Toronto

Cleveland to beat NY

Houston to beat Minnesota

Chicago to beat Oakland

LA to smash Milwaukee into tiny pieces and dance upon them

San Diego to beat St Louis

Chicago to beat Miami

Atlanta to beat Cincinnati

Yes, I think they sound about right.

I put an each way bet on Tampa Bay to reach and win the World Series and also San Diego to reach/win the World Series before the start of the season.

Not sure there’s going to be any stopping the Dodgers this year though.

• 3 weeks later...

The Tampa Bay Rays just about managed to abort the mission of the Houston Astros last night to clinch the American League pennant.

The Astros had fought back from a 3-0 series deficit to level it a 3-3 before losing the decisive 7th game 4-2 thanks mainly to the arm of Rays pitcher Charlie Morton.

Elsewhere the Atlanta Braves and Los Angeles Dodgers also will go to a final game in their best of seven NL championship game.

(On a side note if the Tampa Bay Rays do win the World Series I stand to win £130 from a £5 each way bet put on before the start of the regular season after reading a few tips in the American press.  Last year I backed the Nationals in the playoffs so it’ll be two years lucky in a row!)

On 18/10/2020 at 14:10, Gerrumonside ref said:

The Tampa Bay Rays just about managed to abort the mission of the Houston Astros last night to clinch the American League pennant.

The Astros had fought back from a 3-0 series deficit to level it a 3-3 before losing the decisive 7th game 4-2 thanks mainly to the arm of Rays pitcher Charlie Morton.

Elsewhere the Atlanta Braves and Los Angeles Dodgers also will go to a final game in their best of seven NL championship game.

(On a side note if the Tampa Bay Rays do win the World Series I stand to win £130 from a £5 each way bet put on before the start of the regular season after reading a few tips in the American press.  Last year I backed the Nationals in the playoffs so it’ll be two years lucky in a row!)

Good luck to the old (Devil) Rays  actually visited Tropicana field in 2008. If I remember correctly they were going well that year but their season fizzled out.

• Like 2

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Rays-Dodgers should be a good one. The likelihood of me catching any of it beyond morning recaps is slim but both sides have shown plenty of reasons, even in a condensed season, why they should be there.

Meanwhile, I await the Taiwan Series, where 'my' Brothers will face A N Other at some point. CPBL is infectious fun.

• Like 1

Tampa Bay levelled the World Series at 1-1 as they held on to beat the favoured Los Angeles Dodgers 6-4 in game 2.

Pitcher Blake Snell managed to deal well with the Dodgers’ array of attacking talent as the Rays carefully crafted a lead.

Brendan Lowe finally recovered his hot bat in the regular season that had gone cold in the playoffs with two home runs.

Game 3 is nicely set up with Rays’ pitching ace Charlie Morton due up.

23 minutes ago, Griff said:

Unbelievable last gasp win for the Rays in Game 4 after trailing for the entire game. Never seen owt like it.

It's never over until it's over.

I don't think you even need to understand the rules to get caught up in this ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

I don't think you even need to understand the rules to get caught up in this ...

Shocking fielding by the bloke at deep extra cover.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

The World Series is over ... let the Taiwan Series begin ...

"My" Brothers will take on the Uni Lions in a best of 7 starting today. It's live on twitter and twitch should you be in need of some joy (and/or despair) in your lives from 9.05am.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

So who won the Rounders ?

Bless.

I assume you're talking about the MLB World Series. In which case, the Dodgers beat the Rays in 6.

The Korea Series is ongoing. With the NC Dinos awaiting the qualifier in the final series.

Not quite sure about the Japan Series.

Meanwhile, in the CPBL, the Uni Lions are 1-0 up over the Brothers having won the first game 4-2. I was very annoyed.

Would you also like updates on the Caribbean and South American winter leagues?

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

We took in a Blue Jays game when in Toronto a couple of summers ago. What an experience! Great for the fans, and an exciting game won in overtime. 

Brilliant experience combining glitz and tradition, highly skilled players (especially the fielding and throwing) and fantastically enthusiastic fans. Can't wait to go back.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

The St Louis Cardinals have agreed to acquire All-Star third baseman Nolan Arenado from the Colorado Rockies in a trade needing approvals before it can be finalized, a person familiar with the swap tells the Associated Press.

Arenado, an eight-time Gold Glove winner, signed a $260m, eight-year deal with Colorado in February 2019 and is owed $199m for the six remaining seasons.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jan/30/nolan-arenado-trade-cardinals-rockies

• 4 weeks later...

It's all a bit of a lottery once you get to the season end. But the Padres would be a good bet for the division title.

• Like 1

Can’t wait for the coverage of the new Major League Baseball season to start on BT.

Been trying to do more swotting up using the Athletic on this year’s teams and players to watch - plus get more of a feel for how the off-season works.

NFL broadcasts do a great job of explaining things for a beginner I’ve always thought, the NBA and NHL action is more self explanatory, but the finer intricacies of baseball (in particular the pitching) need a bit more research I find.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/03/2021 at 12:27, Gerrumonside ref said:

but the finer intricacies of baseball (in particular the pitching) need a bit more research I find.

Locate Pitching Ninja on the socials.

In other news, the CPBL (Taiwan) has restarted. It is magnificent stuff. The standard is ... variable ... but it about the purest fun imaginable in professional sport.

I've got Brothers-Guardians going on via Twitch as I write this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Locate Pitching Ninja on the socials.

In other news, the CPBL (Taiwan) has restarted. It is magnificent stuff. The standard is ... variable ... but it about the purest fun imaginable in professional sport.

I've got Brothers-Guardians going on via Twitch as I write this.

Thanks mate, I will check all that out at some point - good luck to the Brothers!

At the moment I’m trying to justify my spending on the TV sport by watching the football-F1-cricket-golf etc which I have an interest in each of.

You hear about the astronomic TV money deals for sports and some months I feel like I’m footing the bill for it all myself.

It’s an unhealthy amount of telly watching too although there’s nothing else to do.

• 3 weeks later...

Decided to take a season bet on the Milwaukee Brewers at 30/1 each way to win the World Series.

Based this on their pitching depth and a few hitters hopefully for them coming back into form in 2021.

Biggest issue is the NL is fairly stacked this year with the Dodgers, Padres, Mets and Braves all standing in their way.  The St. Louis Cardinals will be the immediate threat in the division you would imagine.