What's going on with the Yankees?

7-11 to start the season? I mean, I know there's a long way to go but that doesn't fit with how they seemed to be going.

Oh well.

Meanwhile, the division I do follow is almost laughably mediocre this season. It'll come down to luck as to which of the five finishes on top to be properly gubbed in the postseason.

Which reminds me, I actually have no idea if they kept the revised postseason set-up in place.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.ย (Terry Pratchett)

59 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

What's going on with the Yankees?

7-11 to start the season? I mean, I know there's a long way to go but that doesn't fit with how they seemed to be going.

Oh well.

Meanwhile, the division I do follow is almost laughably mediocre this season. It'll come down to luck as to which of the five finishes on top to be properly gubbed in the postseason.

Which reminds me, I actually have no idea if they kept the revised postseason set-up in place.

Iโ€™m not sure.

I think the fans at Yankee stadium have been throwing balls on the field to protest against the bad start (poor little lambs).

I put some money each way on the Brewers to win the World Series - bye money!

• 2 weeks later...

It's hard for there to be a proper first in baseball these days what with tens of thousands of professional matches already have been played.

But there was one overnight.

John Means of the Baltimore Orioles threw a no-hitter. But it was a bit different. As per the below ...

"According to Elias Sports Bureau research, he is the first pitcher to throw a non-perfect no-hitter with no walks, no hit batters and no errors."

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.ย (Terry Pratchett)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Cherry and White said:

Cleveland Indians now going to become the Cleveland Guardians.

I really like some of the new logo and graphics I've seen - and the reasoning why.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cherry and White said:

Without looking up, what would be the situation with the Atlanta Braves?

I believe they worked a lot harder to get rid of some of the more obviously stereotypical iconography/actions a while back.

There are issues though I don't know what the current state of play is.

• Like 1

Looking at trade deadline day it seems the Cubs have sold all the family silver for some sunny uplands in the future.

I stuck some money each way on the Milwaukee Brewers at 30/1 to win/reach the World Series so have been following them closely as they lead their division by 7 games from ย the Cincinnati Reds.

Elsewhere in the National League, the San Francisco Giants have surprised me to continue duking it out with the Los Angeles Dodgers at this stage.

ย 

1 hour ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Looking at trade deadline day it seems the Cubs have sold all the family silver for some sunny uplands in the future.

A very sad day. I'm properly gutted.

The ownership didn't even let the players involved have a last at-bat.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, voteronniegibbs said:

Houston take game 4 to level the series at 2-2 with an impressive 9th innings haul.

Just showing off

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, voteronniegibbs said:

The wheels fall off the Red Sox bandwagon as Houston take a 3-2 series lead

There's a few more trash cans to be banged before this series is done.

TV execs will be hoping that somehow they get the LA-Boston series they wanted not the Houston-Atlanta one it looks like is coming up.

• 5 months later...

Toronto Blue Jays are atop the uber competitive American League East division with the Red Sox, Yankees and Rays all in touch.

It looks like Canadaโ€™s rules on Covid vaccination could be a factor this year as visiting teams are forced to leave out unvaccinated players.

Although the season is in its infancy and Toronto have a strong batting line up in itself, the series against the visiting Red Sox shorn of a few players could be instructive.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref
  • Like 1